Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

logo review

Featured Replies

i think you should experiment with the font for the word "tapas" other than that i like it, defiantly wouldn't look out of place above a shop window.

You have some alignment issues, it bothers me that the words do not have a guide line on the right or left, they just end different places. Try making more of your words the exact same width. (The edge of the T hangs over and the S in tapas ends before the red line ends.) Nice colors, very strong. I dont like the font tapas is in though... when I look at the logo I dont think tapas, changing the font should help. maybe try adding some kind of symbol or icon like a spanish style sun graphic or take out box, or swirly. Hope that helps.

post-7757-1223931644_thumb.jpg

  • Author

thank you both :)

 

now when i look at it in the cold light of day it could definetly do with a tidy up

 

the thing is I spent £20 on the font the tapas is written in an being an awkward sod i'm going to do my best to use it

 

I am a typography newb which is going to lead to 1 or 2 blunders in the design process (+ 1 or 2 duff font purchases :(

thank you both :)

 

now when i look at it in the cold light of day it could definetly do with a tidy up

 

the thing is I spent £20 on the font the tapas is written in an being an awkward sod i'm going to do my best to use it

 

I am a typography newb which is going to lead to 1 or 2 blunders in the design process (+ 1 or 2 duff font purchases :(

 

 

If you know the font is bad then you will regret using it, even if you paid for it its not worth it.

  • Author

thank you Cassandra I actually like the font and bought it mainly for the word tapas

 

and i'm getting tempted to take the simpler san serif option (remember I'm a graph design/typography newbie) and I'm treating this as a learning exercise

thank you Cassandra I actually like the font and bought it mainly for the word tapas

 

and i'm getting tempted to take the simpler san serif option (remember I'm a graph design/typography newbie) and I'm treating this as a learning exercise

 

Didn't mean to offend you, just trying to help

  • Author

no offense take cassandra :)

 

after looking at your site its obvious you know a LOT more about graphic design than I do, i'm trying to show I am listening when i persist with using that tapas font (Madrone) its called, I really appreciate the constructive criticism you and Olospo have offered

Hi

 

Your site is looking nice, there are a couple of issues though: The address is looking a little fuzzy, maybe lighten the brown? tapas in viva las tapas isnt shouting at me, maybe make it bigger so the t lines up with the bottom of the i? the bar under paellas isnt aligned and there are a few spacing issues with the whole of the menu bar and i think you should mix the order up a little. I love the photo however they are looking in the wrong direction away from the logo, maybe swap them or something so they are looking towards the logo? oh and im not sure about the last " in the quote.

 

It is nearly there though!!

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.