Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bazmati

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bazmati

  1. Hi Wizely thanks for those points. I'm going to change alot of the copy, I'd just been practicing HTML & CSS and so didn't really put much thought into the text content at that time. I'm not happy with the colours either, do you think I should lose the background?
  2. Right I've sorted the page validation issues, I'm trying to sort out the IE6 & IE7issues with the navigation using iepngfix.htc which has worked in the past but doesn't seem to want to this time.
  3. Thanks for the feedback guys, regarding the png support and the pages not validatiing i've just had a look and it seems i've updated my files with older ones I'll go back and change reupdate them.
  4. Hi all, I set up a site for my portfolio a couple of months ago whilst first starting to learn XHTML and CSS, now that I'm a bit further on in learning web design I'm looking to update it. I was just wondering if you could give me feedback on my current site and what people think I should concentrate on to make it better. The site is www.bazhodson.co.uk
  5. Cheers scifunk i'll keep that in mind. How would you get a calligraphy font to show in all browsers, I set the logo in photoshop because i thought there would be a pproblem viewing that typeface in different borwsers.
  6. Ha, ha know what you mean, they are actually Horse Chestnut leaves which is what Les Marronniers means in English its the one thing the customer insisted they wanted.
  7. Cheers clearcutz, yeah I am actually looking at that I'm just waiting for the client to get some better images across to me. I think they could do with a contact page with a form as wel maybe?.
  8. Thanks for that Traxor!!!
  9. Cheers Helen. I've just been looking at my portfolio site bazhodson.co.uk, and on the about page i have a couple of lists but there not working when i open them in a broswer, don't suppose one of you guys could check my code and see what i've done wrong.
  10. Cheers for the feedback Traxor, yeah its my first client website i've put together a portfolio site just to practice my coding but this is the first serious attempt its nothing fancy but i'm quite happy with it.
  11. Hi all just wondering if I could get some feedback on my first site for a client. http://bazhodson.co.uk/David_and_Sian/index.html Also I'm not actually charging for this as its a friends parents and i'm just looking to get a portfolio together anyway, but if I was to charge just wondering what some of you guys on here would charge for this. thanks
  12. Cheers for the feedback guys, yeah its the first page thought I'd get them to check it before I raced ahead and did all the other pages. I've asked them to try it again, this might be a stupid question but the client is in france this won't have any affect on being able to open will it?
  13. Hi Charlotte I'm using ftp, could you just try http://bazhodson.co.uk/David_and_Sian/index.html in your browser and let me know if it works I've tried it on a few different computers at work and it opens ok, I'm just wondering if its something on the clients end. Thanks for the offer as well I may take you up on that if i can't get this to work.
  14. Cheers terydinho I have got hosting and tried your first suggestion but they've just come back and said when they try and go to the link it comes up with "did not match any document" I must have done something wrong I'll go back and check it out. Thanks for the other tips.
  15. Hi everyone, I'm just working on my first site for a client and want to show them the site but they haven't sorted any hosting out yet. Just wondered how you guys showed clients proofed web pages.
  16. bazmati replied to bazmati's topic in Frontend
    Hi Bocaj, this is my text for the symbol "Copyright © Baz Hodson 2009." but when i view in Safari the text in the line becomes bigger for some reason.
  17. bazmati posted a topic in Frontend
    Hi all, wondering if you can help me! When I put a symbol in my text, a copyright symbol for instance the rest of the text on the same line becomes larger than the rest of the text on the lines above and below, has anybody else experienced this and if so is there a fix.
  18. bazmati posted a topic in Server Side
    Hi all I've downloaded and installed Xampp for windows and everything has gone fine, but when i try to go to PHPadmin window it comes up with an error about the root password, what is the best way to set this.
  19. Cheers rosiesp i'll give that a try.
  20. Just tried that but same error comes up.
  21. I've used this code: img, div { behavior: url(iepngfix.htc) } in my CSS to solve a problem with png transparency in IE6 & 7, its worked however my CSS now does not validate I get this error: "Property behavior doesn't exist : url(iepngfix.htc)" have i done something wrong or has anybody got any suggestions for a way around this.
  22. Thats sorted it, cheers a.q.r.c. Don't suppose you know a way to sort transparencies in IE6 & 7, that still validates. The one i used works but my css doesn't validate with it, i could be using it wrongly though.
  23. Yeah i am thanks again, i'll give that a try, just been looking at your portfolio, nice site.
  24. thanks for that, been in print&design for years but only just started to learn web design and really enjoying it. Don't suppose you could help me with a problem in IE6 & 7, my navigation instead of being flush with the top steps down can't seem to sort it.
  25. Thanks for the feedback Pete, really appreciate it. Just had a look at your site, really like it, excuse the newbie question but how do you get your pages to scroll to the left like that.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.