Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the magician

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the magician

  1. Thanks guys, you make good points. I want to be a designer, not developer, though there is some overlap there. Since I'm coding my online portfolio, maybe that is enough to show that I can.
  2. I've seen other people redesign sites like IMDB and Facebook, I'm wondering if I could do the same for a local business website and add it as a concept in my portfolio. Do I need to ask them for permission? And also, because I'm just starting out, is it ok if all my portfolio projects are fictitious as long as I state so? I kinda just made up companies, created logos for them and created their site layout which I filled with Lorem Ipsum text. How important is it that I code them as demos?
  3. Thanks, both of you. Off to look up tutorials and read about different CMS's then.
  4. Let's say I design a website in Photoshop - for example, something like this http://www.awesem.co.uk/ - would using WordPress or another CMS to build/code it be easier and better than doing it from scratch using HTML/CSS/etc? I'm kind of confused on how it works because I don't want my website to look like existing themes created by others, and I keep thinking that if I use a CMS it wouldn't look like what I originally designed. Or is there so much flexibility in CMSs that I can selectively use it for the parts of my site that need it? Also, do you guys use frameworks such as Bootstrap to help you develop a site? There are so many tools out there that I don't know how to move on to the building stage by putting everything I've learned together.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.