Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mm60

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mm60

  1. Cheers for the feedback. we hope to address some of the issues in the next week or so just finding it hard to get the time between client work. The responsive side of things still needs a lot of work :s We shold have resized the images and will be, again another oversight rushing to get the site up and live. I will repot back when I get a chance thanks again for taking the time to have a look and reply
  2. Hi We have been working on our new portfolio site recently and would like to get a bit of feedback. Just as a note this is by no means a finished project, more of an ever evolving project or at least that is the plan: http://www.reflex-studios.com/ There are a lot of elements I am still not happy with and particular pages/sections which I feel need a lot of work but I am curious to see what the general feedback is. Thanks in advance Michael
  3. Thanks for all the great feed back, it is great to work on something a bit different from the normal run of the mill stuff and also for such a good cause so thanks again. @opensesame the illustrations where done by http://www.nuffinc.com/ @tonychang Thanks for spoting those, I have fixed the link and in the middle of fixing the text. @Jason Dexter thanks for the kind words and the donation as well Also love the http://www.fennes.co.uk/ website on your portfolio.
  4. @Xyanite thanks, I had the left hand navigation similar to the donate now buttons but it didn't really work that well with the flow of the site. The idea behind the signposts is a lot of the climb will include walking so I thought the sign posts added a bit more fun and character to the whole thing. In fairness though I have been receiving mixed feedback on them lol.
  5. @tom j thanks, glad you like it, what browser are you using, could you send me a screendump of the side nav?
  6. Added a favicon lol, always forget about them until the site goes live
  7. @Jheg thanks for spoting those spelling mistakes, I have fixed them now (not a strong point for me) @MMMedia tthanks Overall I am pretty happy with the site although there are a few small things which are bugging me but they will be fine for now.
  8. I created a small website for my mum and dad who are walking Kilimanjaro for charity, you can see the site at: www.4k2kilimanjaro.com Any feedback appreciated
  9. Hi I am using the Flickr API for a website I am currently working on and I just find the pages using flikr with the exception of the homepage very slow I was wondering if anyone else had came across this in the past? The pages that are running slow are grabbing sets, so the main image and title of a set then linking to a gallery page if this helps. The site is currently in development at: http://www.fotofever.reflex-studios.com You will see what I mean if you select a venue Thanks for any help Michael
  10. Cheers, the products are still going through development and will be a completely new range, unfortunately we cant discuss them any more than that lol. As for the target audience we did do some research before we began the design, and then built the website from there. Also we have done some user testing with the eCommerce site and again so far so good but it is always good to get feedback from another perspective. Thanks, I like yours to. Micky
  11. right.. it isn't going to be a service site but product and eCommerce, but this seems like fair feedback.. Have you examples of sites that you would consider good examples. We have already done a lot of the work but we could have a look at the type of site you mean and see id there anything we could benefit from introducing or removing.. The other side is the client loves the design and had had alot of feedback on it to date (all very encouraging). of course the final site will be different as there will be alot more content on it but any feedback is a great help.
  12. lol not worse crit i have ever received "a bit too pretty and fussy" I understand but its all to do with their target market. By Fussy I assume you mean, attention to detail or to much design? The reason I ask is I personally feel that the site is very easy to use, and the design is used to set it apart from other similar type websites. just curious. Cheers
  13. lol, I hadn't even spotted the text not lining up.. until you mentioned it. maybe take a look at it. They are just holding pages so I haven't really spent a lot of time on them, probably about 3 days together (although for the Lucy site I used the main site design and modified it). As for the random leaf pattern, that is there logo/brand and as they are a new company they wanted to push it as much as possible, I actually like it I think it adds a bit more depth and playfulness to the site, but I can see where you are coming from.
  14. I launched two new holding pages today, one is a basic holding page the other with a blog: http://lucyannabella.com/ (holding page with blog) http://mycookstown.com/ (basic holding page) I quite like the Lucy Annabella website, which fingers crossed will be launched in around Christmas and will be a full eCommerce site.
  15. Its pretty much all coded and ready to go, the client is weighting until they finish the product development as this is a whole new range. That is why we are hoping for christmas and also putting up a new holding pages this week. As regards your own website, you could try adding some subitle texture, you would be surprised how much it might lift it. Apart form that i think it looks fine
  16. added a quick snap shot for you: http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/topic/39523-what-are-you-working-on-sneak-peak/page__view__findpost__p__351413 I will probably be posting the new holding page for this site by the end of the week
  17. Just a quick sneak peek at a project I am currently working on, we are hoping to go live by Christmas/start of new year. We have a very basic holding page at: http://lucyannabella.com/ We will be updating this over the week with more information on what the site will be and a blog section. Would appreciate any sign ups, this will only be used to announce when the main website has went live. Here is a quick glimps for you all: Hope you all like
  18. Cheers Oakleaves, always nice to receive feedback along those lines! I like your holding page for Coffee and Code, I look forward to seeing the main site going live, should be nice. I prefer that style of webdesign but since going out on my own I have only had one or two clients favor it so normally I am trying to give sites... mmm.. a corporate type feel. Although I have one site i am hoping to finish by christmas which I think is a bit special lol, maby two (starting on another big project at the minute). Oh and I agree that content is king, especially for SEO. this is something I am curious to keep an eye on with this site. I cant help but feel that being one page will drastically let it down in the search engines.
  19. Cheers for the feedback and loads of very valid points, as mentioned it started out as a really simple holding page and then the content kept coming. I would love to remove a lot of the text but the client wants it so I have tried to make it flow as much as possible. On reflection the Harabara font isn't great but the client liked it from a few choices. I definitely should have added hover states, again this was down to the fact that the site grew from very little and well... there's no excuse really lol. Took me a few minutes to understand what you meant by the top graphic, I think this should be another colour all together, I lifted it from a previous site I did which is probably why it doesn't look quite right. I had a few ideas for the top nav but I am not a fan of sticky navs as I feel they take up to much space at times. this is just a personal thing though, I had considered turning the top image into a nav button which on rollover the navigation elements would scroll out, the reason I didn't is because this will probably end up being a temporary page until we have the main site developed and as such didn't want to kill my self spending much more time on it.. Cheers again for all the feedback, it is appreciated. Micky
  20. Put this website live today for a new client, LED Supply Chain. It is the start on an ongoing project where by this was meant to be a simple holding page but one thing lead to another and it is pretty much a full brochure site on one page now. Was curious to see what everyone thought.. I personally quite like it lol: http://www.ledsupplychain.com/ Thanks Michael
  21. I had originally went with a much darker background but the client asked for the green.... I was always afraid of it just been to much. I could probably add some colout to the title bars to lift them a bit more. lol there is a texture in the background but just over the design revisions it got faded and faded until you couldn't see it any more. The accordion is a good idea, especially in the accessories section as there is so mch stuff there. Might have a look into that when i get a chance cheers for the feedback ;p
  22. Been working on this for a client for while but only launched it this week, i am curious to see what others think of the site.. have i missed anything obvious ect ect http://www.cgqsnooker.co.uk/
  23. @andyl - yeh I probably should but there only 3 1px wide images for all buttons on the site so thought it would be ok. but I suppose it wouldn't take much extra to sprite them. @wil - The whole site is custom built but the numbers refer to the id of the record in-case the same title is used for two pages. I didn't think google placed much emphasis on having the keywords first although I imagine it makes sense.. hmm will have to look into this a bit more. as for the subpages they are organised in the way you have mentioned. page title followed by site name and short description (actually all I would have to do on the home page is change te page title from home to your recomendation) the ArialRoundedMTBold is a bit hit and miss on some browsers but it fits with the branding so will stick with it for now, what browser are you using? thanks again for all the feedback
  24. Thanks, will take note of these. I struggled a bit with the shadows and perspective of the images in the featured work section for a while lol.
  25. I posted up my previous portfolio design on WDF and got some great feedback so decided to ask everyone for their critique again. we have had quite a drastic overhaul from the previous site so would love to know how wvery one thinks it flows and navigates? http://www.reflex-studios.com/ Is there anything you hate/love or even small bits you might change? Have I missed anything really obvious. Thanks in advance for any crit offered Michael Mallon

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.