Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

19at

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 19at

  1. Heydan, cheers for sorting out my above issue!
  2. Thanks guys! I will be sticking to classes then... well until I need to venture into anything more advanced like trying to target Javascript. I am trying to build my very first site and taking elements from tutorials I have read and watched... but for some reason I am having problems with certain classes popping out of my overall wrap div? I didn't think this was possible as the overall wrap div is meant to contain everything?? Sorry it is probably not the best explanation... but is there a place I could paste in the code so if anyone had a mo they could pinpoint where I have gone wrong? Cheers
  3. Hi Guys, I have a small question. I have been watching this tutorial on how to build your first site and found it very helpful, I mean, I managed to recreate what this guy on the video did quite successfully. However, afterwards I checked the code and all the divs that had been done were all <div class= and not <div id=. Now i understood it that 'ids' are used for unique items, yet whether they were unique items or not this guy in the tutorial just did them all as a classes? Is this just back workmanship or can you get away with it? Cheers Andy
  4. Thanks Silverbolt, at the minute I am testing locally so html will be perfect for what I am doing at the moment. But I understand that if I want to start working on .PHP locally then i need to install XAMPP or equivalent on my machine. Cheers
  5. Once again, cheers for the advice, i'll have a read up and update you on progress. All seems a ok at the mo. Thanks again.
  6. Thanks Fizix. Got a feel for this I think, never heard of HTACCESS, sounds daunting. I can probably avoid this if I go directly into .PHP?
  7. Cheers guys - will install the XAMP locally to get a feel of things. Got a feeling it might be a little advanced for me at the mo, but going to install it ready for when i need it. Really appreciate the help guys.
  8. So if I was to upload these files, does 'all the above' have to be installed on the hosting server?
  9. Cheers Aaron, I think that'l be the way to go too!
  10. Thanks Lewwy - I get the impression whatever I can do in the .HTML file I can do in the .PHP so might as well start my site design in that, and when I am ready to insert dynamic content I won't have to convert anything.
  11. Hi NOCK, Could you please elaborate about what XAMPP is? and how do I go about installing this? Would this be something I would need to talk to the hosting company about? I get the impression that .PHP would be the way to go eventually, as dynamic content would be useful to learn. Cheers
  12. Thanks Lewwy. i understand that there might be a way to convert the HTML file to PHP further down the line? Also, you can work in HTML within the PHP file anyway right so can do it all in there? For example, if I wanted to eventually start building wordpress templates then .PHP would be the way to go? Cheers
  13. Hello guys, I have a quick question. I have had a friend design websites for me in the past, but I want to start building my own. He has always started the site with a .php file 'index.php', but what is the difference/limitations of starting my website in .html 'index.html'? I will be using CSS. I am using Dreamweaver to do the building. Cheers in advance

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.