Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris.R

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris.R

  1. This might be of interest to you: http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/form.html CSS styles are switchable and the site also has other cool CSS demos. I found this site from another form site: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2006/11/11...dern-solutions/ Chris
  2. Hi there, I want to create a site with a gradient background and rounded corner container like the one found in: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ I've had a butchers at the CSS but there is so many CSS files it confuses me! Is there a few classes i can just use to create this simply? Im more of a developer, wished I could be good at design, but just don't have the flair! Thanks, Chris
  3. Hey, Just came across this thread and thought id add my thoughts. I'm currently studying a Bsc in Internet Business Computing at university. Part of my course involves learning about web design and development but from my past experiences before univeristy I felt that I had much more knowledge on standards and the modern techniques used for creating sites. For example, in my first year, Our website development module consisted of a step by step tutorial creating alyout in photoshop, slicing it up and then putting into dreamweaver in tables. Now I knew straight away that his is not the best practice and that CSS should really be used and table made extinct for layouts. Im now in my second year and it has moved more towards CSS but only just touching on the basics. If you do decide to go to uni, I recommend you choose a degree that involves a sandwhich year, I have this and ALOT of the placement jobs available were in digital media/web design companies. This might only just be due to the area I am in (Brighton) but it would definetly help you get some experience and something to build your CV, Portfolio up. Sorry for ranting on. I went through exactly the same problem and didnt want to waste any time. So far I feel uni has been amazing in all possible ways and im learning alot more about web design/computing. Good luck with what you decide Chris

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.