Everything posted by Deadbeat007
-
Are iframes my only option?
Thank you! I'll be looking into both options.
-
Are iframes my only option?
Hey, guys. I'm currently coding a site for a friend, and I have a question regarding the sidebar. She wishes to have quite a lot of information packed into the sidebar, but I'd like to avoid a sidebar that stretches the page to an undesirable length. I was thinking of having small buttons above the sidebar -- "About," "Affiliates," etc -- that allow the viewer to toggle the sidebar's contents, thus only displaying the specific information they're looking for at one time. What is the best way to go about doing this? Thank you!
-
new layout concept
Great update! It's easy to read and a lot cleaner looking.
-
css page layout problem
Yeah, the image does cause a horizontal and vertical scrollbar for me on my small-ish monitor. The image you're using will be prone to stretching the screen if you keep it in img tags. I'd suggest using that image as a background in your CSS, so that the width: 100%, height: 100% values work. Just an idea -- I'm a beginner, so I'm not quite sure if this will do the trick. Hopefully someone with a bit more experience can chime in.
-
Redirecting IE users to a different page
Something very strange has happened, and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. For weeks I've been toying with my site ( http://www.liliripe.com ) in IE but it's been a mess. Today, I viewed my site in IE and suddenly it's almost perfect. I haven't messed with the IE stylesheet, and I haven't downloaded a new version of it, nor have I messed with the Doctype or anything. It looks best out of compatibility view, though there's still some kinks to work out. Does anyone know why IE is magically rendering my site so much better? I'm guessing it's something I did yesterday and overlooked, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that could be.
-
Redirecting IE users to a different page
One quick question. A lot of my issues in IE are due to padding/margin issues. Is there anything I can keep in mind when coding for IE that will make positioning elements easier in the future? Thank you!
-
Redirecting IE users to a different page
I'll get on this and update if I have any remaining errors. Thank you so much for the help!
-
Redirecting IE users to a different page
I know it's possible to make a different stylesheet for IE, but my website looks so vastly different between Firefox/Chrome/Safari and IE that I'd have to have to completely redo the css, header, content, and footer for it to look alright in IE. I'm using a drop-down menu and image slider, and both show up terribly in IE. My website is http://www.liliripe.com Is it possible for me to automatically redirect IE users to a different page without the drop-down menu and image slider -- a page I can customize purely for IE? Thanks very much!