Everything posted by ninaelizabeth
-
Holding pages that have some use ?
I'm sorry, I can't answer most of those questions but i can say it looks awesome and would definitely make me want to come back!
-
Best way to build a website for a n00b?
Thank you all so much for all your help, you've exceeded my expectations! This is my blog ninaelizabethinteriors.blogspot I've got a pretty good grasp on the design front (I think) and on working modern websites. If you have any tips on improving my blog too then I would be over the moon. Hopefully from seeing that you'll be able to gauge the sort of style I have and will be continuing to use when making my website. I will most definitely be taking all of your advice and follow it closely! It seems that using ps maybe the best option for me when building the design side as I use it already and then learning the code stuff too. You've all been brilliant! Thank you!! Nina x
-
Urban Elementz Design Critic
Hi I can't give you any advice on the technical stuff because I know nothing but I can tell you my opinion of the way it looks and whether it would be appealing to me. My first thoughts when I saw it? It was cheesy and obviously American. It doesn't have much appeal for me, being female and I feel the colour scheme very masculine and as said by someone else before more like a gaming site. I think the simpler you keep it the better, clean sites are much more popular now. As I said, I can't say anything coding wise, and you've done a far far beter job than I ever could in that respect but the actual over all feel of the site is quite 'in-your-face' and unappealing to me, but maybe that's to do with the fact I'm female? Sorry if that seemed harsh! Nina x
-
Best way to build a website for a n00b?
Ah thanks guys! I have a basic idea if the design, my logo and style of the blog is black background with grey and White writing and I use the font clementine for the logo and titles, if you know it and good ole helvetica for the content. And to be honest it'll be pretty basic with the options for home, portfolio, testimonials, blog and contact. I've been told I may find it easier to build my own design on PS and get someone to then help me with the coding and obviously I'll read some of the tutorials you've recommended! Nina x
-
Best way to build a website for a n00b?
Hey everyone, I'm an interior designer with a successful blog but would like to build my own website. I used to do very basic HTML about 5 years ago, I.e myspace pages from scratch etc. Now, I could pay someone to build me a website but I much prefer the satisfaction of doing it myself and then learning to upkeep and edit it myself. Would you say I'd find it easier using something like dreamweaver? Obviously a large part of it would be the actual design and it'd only be about 4 or 5 pages. Because of my blog I already have a logo and chosen fonts, colour schemes etc Thanks for any help! Nina x
-
Vote yes to AV?
I'm English but living in Spain so I'm actually unable to vote but have been watching this quite a lot as I get british TV (and BBC news of course haha!) I would definitely vote yes. It may make it complicated for some people but surely if those people find it complicated they aren't really the type of people we want voting and having an impact on our government! I couldn't pick between two parties at my local election and actually had to vote for the one I thought was most likely to get it. I would have loved to have been able to have a second choice! I love the examples you've shown on here, let's hope we're from a country that still retains some common sense.
-
Bathrooms, Kitchens and bedrooms
Hey Corbula, If you need any more help, I'm actually an interior designer so I may be of some assistance? Nina x