Everything posted by shaneo85
-
Can you identify this SEO strategy?
Thanks for the replies - I thought it might be something grey area. They are the 1st result on Google though for; London 'insert keyword' - so their tactics must be working.
-
Can you identify this SEO strategy?
I'm doing a bit of competitor analysis using domain-pop.com - I'm checking the backlinks on a similar site to one I'm working on. He has a PR 3 site with 400 backlinks. When I look at the sites who are linking to his, they're all the same sort of thing. It's always a 300-400 word article, not relivent at all to the keyword/niche, and his keyword/link is just stuffed in there in the middle of a sentence. e.g. "flowers look beautiful during the spring [backlink] time". Does this look like some sort of auto-backlinking medthod? Is there a name for it? Thanks
-
Becoming an App Developer (Groupon deal)
Cheers, I did have a read of that before posting. I was hoping to get some feedback from others who work in this field to see if it was worth the money.
-
Becoming an App Developer (Groupon deal)
Did anyone else see the deal on Groupon which offers a course in App Development for £45 (usually £299)? Groupon Deal Website of company Can anyone with any experience in this sort of thing take a look and see if it's worth the money? I've always fancied having a go at making an app and I've got a few good ideas, but have no programing experience what-so-ever. I can see from the website above that they keep referring to 'hiring a programmer' so maybe it doesn't teach you to program at all - if so, is it even worth it?
-
Looking to hire - Anybody else want to send me a letter bomb?
I'm not being funny, but if you were that concerned about the death threats, why on earth would you post your address in public? The whole thing seems quite childish and attention seeking.
-
Making money with Adsense
Well I'm currently making £30 per month after just 4 months, which equates to £360 per year. This is just from a site I built to learn the ropes. It's a small student finance website with info on student bank accounts, credit cards and loans. Yes, you will need your ads on the homepage! lol.
-
Making money with Adsense
Was your site made for Adsense or was it just something you added as a possible revenue stream?
-
Making money with Adsense
Anyone here ever tried it? I've been looking in to it for about 12 months now and I've set up a site 4 months ago to have a play with and see if I could make it work. It's a small financial neche which makes about £30 per month from approx 300 visits per day. The more I look at it, the more I think it could be a real money spinner if done correctly. For example, you have a site with 1 million hits per month, with a click through rate of 5%, and an everage of 25p per click = £12,500 per month. I imagine it would be quite difficult to get 1 million hits per month for one site, so if you had 10 sites with 100,000 hits and the same conversion rates, you could still earn the same amount. Or 100 sites with 10,000 visits each would give the same result. Any success stories here with Adsense/PPC ads?
-
How is this done?
Can someone explain how you put an image on an image of a computer screen? Like this image... http://img.labnol.org/di/website-screenshot.jpg On this computer screen... http://edgeehr.com/site_images/products/mac_monitor.jpg I've tried Google but I was unsure of what to search for...
-
How is this done?
Does anyone know if I can purchase this? I don't think I can make it myself...
-
How is this done?
You make it sound so easy lol. I don't suppose you followed a tutorial at all?
-
How is this done?
I had a feeling that was what it was, but I haven't a clue how to change the background to a laptop. When I search for jQuery slider laptop, it messes the results up and comes back with laptop sales. Thanks anyway bud
-
How is this done?
Hi, I've tried searching online for how the below is acheived, but I'm not finding anything... I want to know how this chap has got his portfolio sliding through on the laptop image and if there's a template I could use to get the same effect. link Thanks to anyone who can advise.
-
Website hosting advice required
Thanks for the offer but I went with Clook's reseller option 1 for £15 a month.
-
Website hosting advice required
Thanks. I've emailed Clook to see what's the best deal they can offer me.
-
Website hosting advice required
It depends what you mean by cheap. If I can pay monthly, I'd be happy to pay up to £10 per month. If I have to pay for 1 year in advance, I'd be looking at <£5 per month
-
Website hosting advice required
Evening all, I'm after a bit of advice regarding website hosting. I run 3 small websites, typically no more than 500 visits per day at the moment (they're only a month or two old) but my target is 5,000 visits per day for each website. I'm currently being hosted on one.com as they offer a year free, but I've since learned that they are an awful hosting company and my sites are loading extremely slow some days. Someone also told me that my search rankings would suffer as one.com are Dutch and I'm targeting UK visitors. With that in mind, can someone recomend a good hosting company in the UK? Obviously I'd like it as cheap as possible, but I'd also like a good provider. If any offer to pay month-by-month that would be great too. Thanks to anyone that can advise
-
Padding/margin issue
I managed to find all 3 lines you pointed out and edited them to reduce the gap. It's still not perfect, but it's good enough. Thanks very much
-
Padding/margin issue
Oh right, thanks I'll give it a go
-
Padding/margin issue
Thanks for your suggestion. Where exactly would I place those? I'm still learning the ropes...
-
Padding/margin issue
Sorry my hosting provider, one.com, have had technical problems all day apparantly. If you give it a go in 5 minutes, it should work. And if your looking for a hosting provider, avoid one.com like the plague EDIT: Site is back up
-
Padding/margin issue
I'm working on this website. I'm using a static page for the home page, but there's a white gap (approx 20px) between the content and the nav menu. This gap can't be seen in the sidebar, only the main column. I want the main column and the sidebar to be even. I've checked the picture on the page and it doesn't have any borders. I've also tried removing the picture from the page but there is still the gap. Can anyone tell me how to remove this white space? I'm using a custom page template to have the title removed from the page. Cheers to anyone who can help, I've been looking at it for hours and getting nowhere.
-
Google Keyword Tool...
I'm using the Google Keyword tool to research a few keyword for a niche site I'm building, and I can't understand one thing... If I search for 'Army Pension', the top 2 results for local monthly searches are... 'What is army pension' 'How do I get army pension' Yet they both have exactly 301,000 monthly searches. I think it's too unlikely that both different search terms would have the exact same amount of monthly searches, so what am I missing here? Thanks to anyone who can help Note: the term 'army pensions' is not the term I'm actually looking for, it was used as an example.
-
Online Fashion Retailer *feedback please*
I don't think it's bad, but it could be a lot better. The design and layout seem a bit 90's. I'm not too wild on the colour either to be honest. Try having a look at some big clothing brand websites like Top Shop or New Look.
-
Position absolute
Thanks very much, that worked.