Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problems with a responsive menu

Featured Replies

Hi I have been struggling with this responsive menu (link to code pen below). If anyone could help me with the following:

https://codepen.io/m-herda/pen/OJyVraq

1. How do I make text-decoration: none; work on the li elements on small devices (once I've unfolded the menu by clicking the hamburger button). It's set on #main-menu li a but only affects li elements on bigger screens.

2. On a smaller screens, once you've unfolded the menu, the logo image on the left hand side gets pulled down to the vertical centre.

 a) I'd like the logo image to stay where it initially was (at the top)

b) and the li items take the whole width of the visible screen so the screen with unfolded menu should look as follows:
 

LOGO                    HAMBURGER

--------------HOME-----------------

------------SERVICES--------------

------------PROJECTS------------

------------BLOG-------------------

The Hero area below could be either covered by the li elements or pushed down to start below the last li element. It does not matter.

Also, once you've unfolded the menu, the hamburger icon gets stretched.

I have been stuck on that for the last 2 days and it's driving me crazy:)

 

Thank you

 

  • Author

Cheeky bump:) Anyone? At least one of the points raised. I have really put an effort in trying to get to the bottom of it...

 

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.