Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Three boxes with the same length

Featured Replies

Hi, I'm looking for a solution to get three different boxes to have the same length in CSS, based on the one with most content.

In order to make myself more clear, here's a demo on my problem:

 

http://idmedia.no/demo/

 

I want the other two boxes on the side to have the same height as the one in the middle, is that somehow possible without a px-value? I still want them to scale depending on the content.

 

If anyone would like to give me a hand, I've zipped the files (including images): http://idmedia.no/demo/demo.zip

 

Thanks

  • Author
Hi there, quite a common question.

Take a look here for a workaround. :)

Thanks for suggestion. I know about Faux, but I've not been able to get it to work as I'm using round corners at the end of the boxes...

 

Another problem is that if I scale the browser windows horizontally (make it wider or smaller), the background doesn't fit very well anymore...

Backgrounds scale fine for me, and faux columns with work. Keep at it.

  • Author
Backgrounds scale fine for me, and faux columns with work. Keep at it.

Bothered to give it a try on my example? I would highly appreciate it... :)

I don't think faux columns would work in this case because your columns are changing widths as the user resizes the browsers. This is an interesting problem. Please let us know when you found a solution. As I am curious to know how it is does as well.

  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.