Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Job Search - what matters to you?

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

I'm interested to know when you're looking for a job what things matter to you the most?

 

Also, how do you go about looking for work - I take it you use job websites - if so what do you dislike/like about them?

I haven't looked for a job in a long time, perhaps as long as 6-7 years.

 

However when I did I liked to know the rate /wage and any benefits. Too many recruiters dont give the wage just 'market rare'.

 

Also it'd be nice to know which company the job was for instead of it being shielded by the recruitment agency.

Edited by MMMedia

I haven't looked for a job in a long time, perhaps as long as 6-7 years.

 

However when I did I liked to know the rate /wage and any benefits. Too many recruiters dont give the wage just 'market rare'.

 

Also it'd be nice to know which company the job was for instead of it being shielded by the recruitment agency.

Agencies drive me nuts. The whole shielded thing is ridiculous, half the time I think agencies do a poor job of representing the actual business and business should stop using them and go old school!!

 

Usually they only care about their numbers and referrals to the business, where they make their money. Then palm you off with weak excuses if you do not make the cut.

Edited by benjwoo

Agencies drive me nuts. The whole shielded thing is ridiculous, half the time I think agencies do a poor job of representing the actual business and business should stop using them and go old school!!

 

Usually they only care about their numbers and referrals to the business, where they make their money. Then palm you off with weak excuses if you do not make the cut.

 

I was a contracting PM for years and whilst I did particularly well, I'd have to agree with you for the most part!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.