Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This is What I have so Far..

Featured Replies

Hey WDF,

 

I have a lot of hours into this and it is in its beta stages. Let me know what you think overall, where I can improve, what needs to go, and what is good!

 

All feedback is good feedback to me!

 

URL: www.flockofhomes.com

 

thanks guys!

 

-Allan

This is really some awesome work!

 

Despite the huge amount of bootstrap styling you've blended it all together in something that looks really solid.

 

How did you do the backend? Is it based on an existing CMS, have you used a framework or did you start from scratch?

 

If there's one thing I would change it is the typography. Your design really deserves more than Verdana. I'm not talking about the frontpage here, but the page that actually shows the details of a property. The whole design is really brought down by it. Maybe if you agree, and while you're at it give the text a little more whitespace to both sides as well. It is not a lot of text, but because of the way it is styled it seems like it is. Perhaps you'll need subheaders to break the text down into digestible pieces. Not really sure... but there's something about the typography that's not quite right.

 

Other than that nothing but praise!

Nice looking site, can't really pick out anything wrong with it. You've grasped the theme for this type of website correctly, stuck to a simple layout with carefully chosen hints of colour here and there. Good stuff.

 

If there's one thing I would change it is the typography. Your design really deserves more than Verdana. I'm not talking about the frontpage here

 

I agree with j-p, the only thing that stood out was the font, which is funny because it's a light shade of grey. :p If you want to stick to a basic sans-serif font then I'd try out Arial or Tahoma. Otherwise, you've invested a lot of hours into this project to make it look good, why not go a bit further and find a custom font to use. Just a thought. ;)

the only thing that stood out was the font, which is funny because it's a light shade of grey.

 

Lol... always resort to the light shade of grey first. It's liking checking if the power cable is plugged in before calling customer service :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.