Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Link to specific part of another page Issue

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I'm looking to link to a specific part of another page from a button on my homepage, now I know I can normally do this by adding an ID to the part of the page I want to link to and add that to the end of my href, E.g. www.mysite.com/mypage.html#section ... BUT the page is dynamically created via a CMS (Expressionengine) and the .html part of the link doesn't exist. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could go about this?

 

Thanks.

just put the #idselector at the end of the URL, it doesn't need the .html extension to work. If this is what you're getting at, apologies if it's not.

  • Author

Yeah that's what I thought but that doesn't seem to work, I think it might be something to do with the add-on I am using to set up the site structure. I'll post in their forums to see if I can get a solution.

 

Thanks anyway.

Can you tell if the bit of HTML code that is containing that element is generated by AJAX? It might be that the addon is not registering it to the DOM...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.