November 28, 201213 yr Hi all, we've just re-launched our website and looking for feedback from the community. I'm interested in people's opinions on how the website works as well as the look and feel. So if you fancy having a look around that'd be nice of you. In particular, is it easy to navigate and find what you are looking for? Does the site layout render OK on your machine/OS/browser? Any suggestions or comments? Here's the site - I hope you like it: http://www.traditionalirishgifts.com (if you do like it please consider clicking the wee likey facebook icon
December 1, 201213 yr Its looking good and Fancy.... Just want to say improve content on your Home page..... There are more Images and thats why you have to improve your site text coding and you can call all image from css..... Edited December 1, 201213 yr by Luisribas
December 5, 201213 yr Author Firstly, why on earth are you passing some sort of session id onto everything single URL - I asusme this has something to do with Zen Cart? Useability wise, there's obviouslty not a lot wrong with it as it's based on an existing ecommerce platform. However, at the same time it's very basic and does have a distinct template feel to it. Then you have you basic errors - you need to shoot your web developer for these. Your checkout pages contain SSL errors, your SSL certifciate is only partially encrypting the page. No a good trust signal for customers, especially when some browsers handle this error with an instrusive popup wanring message. Error slike this demonstrate a lack of testing before making the site live. This follows through to lots of minor formatting errors E.g. have a look a product that uses radios for attributes - they are all misaligned. Test your site before going live! Also, I have able to add 999999 of http://www.tradition...cf6126df77273d1 (again note the god awful querystring your platform adds, yuck...) to my basket AND checkout with any stock warnings. If you have that manu of a particular item in stock fine, but if you don't you would need some stock checking before a customer checks out. Hey there, thanks for the info. I can't replicate the problems you were having with the SSL. Can you be more specific? I've gone through checkout with a few different browsers and I can't replicate the problem. Thanks I appreciate the input
December 6, 201213 yr This may be nit picking but on the check out payment page the alignment of the input and select fields seem to off. By just looking at it i am assuming this maybe the default margin setting. Also i would say add some spacing between the shipping options, it was a bit difficult to read at first glance. Hope this helps
Create an account or sign in to comment