Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ok need some advice about consoles

Featured Replies

I've asked loads of people about what is the best console and got loads of different answers. So, i've boiled it down to either a ps3 or xbox 360. People say that the ps3 is a better machine, but the on-line is better on the 360. also the on-line is free with the ps3,but you have to pay £39 a year with the 360. Also kinect is better than move. SDo bloody confused now.

Anyone have experience of both consoles and have a UN-biased opinion? I'm getting sick of rabid fanboys in both camps foaming at the mouth and ranting about why there platform of choice is the best...

Very little between them

 

get what ever your friends play on :)

 

If you have no friends I've got both, I always pick the xbox. I find its just nicer to use.

 

PSN has not been updated in over 7 years, xbox live and the dashboard is really nice :)

 

but if you can wait next year is the release of the next xbox if you believe what people are writing ;) may be worth hanging on

What do you want to do with it, and what do your friends play?

 

I went with a PS3 because the controllers are more comfortable in my hands, all of the games I'd want for the 360 are on PC (and PC is better than consoles :p) and it doubles as a blu-ray player.

 

Both consoles have about the same reliability and performance.

 

Internet on the PS3 is free (though PSN gets hacked once or twice a year) but there are typically more people playing games on xbox live.

 

You get a blu-ray player with the PS3. HD-DVD in the 360 isn't useful beyond gaming.

 

Also keep in mind that some franchises are only found on one platform. 360 and Halo, for example.

 

I hear the Kinect is miles better than the PS3 equivalent, but that's just hearsay.

 

Pick the one you like and roll with it.

 

 

When it comes to gaming, however, I feel the experience on a PC is way beyond what you can get on a console, so if money isn't an issue get a gaming pc instead.

  • Author

Think I've decided, I'm going for the PS3 as I love the wipeout games and the splinter cell series. I'm not a hard core gamer, just like to pick up the controller and have a bash every now and then. Can you stream content from your pc to the ps3 like you can with the xbox?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.