Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super-sized image as background

Featured Replies

I noticed on this site http://www.soleysoley.com/ that there is a huge image on the background that stays in places no matter how zoomed your page is etc.

 

I'd quite like to do this for a site I'm having a mess with and I was wondering the steps to execute this?

The CSS cover method is nice but some browsers can lag because of it.

 

This. I did this before and it made scrolling in chrome seriously laggy.

 

It will probably be fixed soon but probably best to use another method for now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.