Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feedback on this colour scheme please :)

Featured Replies

Would love some honest feedback on this colour scheme - not just the colours used but how they've been used throughout. Any suggestions on how this could be improved would be fab :)

 

post-29168-0-11392300-1332862107_thumb.png

I think the colour scheme is OK, it's just the way in which it has been applied could be improved. The orange side box "cookery courses" stands out the most on the whole page. I think your logo at the top could be made a little bigger as can the top and bottom margins around the navigation. Because the oranges are the most vibrant colours, these parts really stand out more. Either doll these oranges down some, or make the other colours more vibrant to combat it.

 

Just an opinion! ^_^

  • Author

Thanks Smuj :) Really appreciate your feedback, do these shades look any better? Also added extra 10px above and below the menupost-29168-0-32759000-1332925251_thumb.png

Edited by Giraffic

Thanks Smuj :) Really appreciate your feedback, do these shades look any better? Also added extra 10px above and below the menupost-29168-0-32759000-1332925251_thumb.png

 

No worries at all. Yes, I think it is an improvement, however I still think the logo and navigation could be made to stand out more as it kind of looks like it's molding into the background still. Maybe use the pale yellow used on the saucepan image on the right hand side as the background colour to sit behind the navigation and logo..?

  • Author

Okey dokey, I've taken on board what you have suggested. This is actually the homepage but it's more complete than the subpage so I thought this may give a better picture. Am I getting there? Really appreciate your feedback, I've spent so long on this I can't see the wood for the trees :)

 

post-29168-0-46176200-1332956469_thumb.jpg

Spot on! You've got the gist of it.. up to you to weave your magic now. Much better!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.