March 5, 201214 yr Well, this might be a little long, but bare with me. =) So I started web design last year out of necessity. I started publishing a magazine and needed a website. Now, I was a full time student at that time, which means I was broke. The only other option was to do it all by myself. Now, thanks to some mandatory classes like html/css and C++, I have had a good understanding of how codes work, just never indulged myself into designing a site. So it was sort of exciting. After successful completion of my first website I started to have fun with it. Eventually I designed my personal website pretty much from scratch as well. Then a couple of months ago I designed an acquaintance's website as she had no way of paying for it. So I figured why not try to make some extra buck by doing it on the side? My strategy is simple really. I'm not a flash/jquery guru... all I can do are basic html/css stuff... and with a little help of an abundance of free available codes online, I can make the sites look pretty decent. I don't intend to charge anyone thousands of dollars, but a couple of hundred USD for a 5-6 page website should be okay, no? Your ideas and thoughts on this will be much appreciated. Feel free to check out my website: http://insidealcove.com Well, glad to be here, and hope I'll find this place resourceful. =)
Create an account or sign in to comment