January 19, 201214 yr Hi Guys, Just tweaking my little 1 page portfolio website. Let me know what you think! any advice on what i can do with the footer because i think it looks naff lol. thanks guys www.ko-graphics.co.uk
January 19, 201214 yr Looks pretty nice, really like the header! I would remove or invert the colours of the "web fonts" image in the footer, and maybe decrease the text size and increase the margin of the footer text... EDIT: I also like the simplicity of the image gallery when enlarged. You might want to consider a next/prev option for this though. Edited January 19, 201214 yr by hodephdesign
January 19, 201214 yr Author Thanks buddy Im working on a redesign for the footer I think, just linked an image of my new idea for it. Definately need to downsize the text in the footer then I can simplify it up a bit. let me know what you think Thanks for your advice! Edited January 19, 201214 yr by Aaron
January 19, 201214 yr Thanks buddy Im working on a redesign for the footer I think, just linked an image of my new idea for it. Definately need to downsize the text in the footer then I can simplify it up a bit. let me know what you think Thanks for your advice! Looks a bit nicer! You could add some colour to it, maybe on the ticks? Maybe have the Dreamweaver one green, Photoshop blue etc and have them the same then on the languages part? Just an idea...
January 19, 201214 yr Also, if I were you, I'd look into having all text on the page as text, not as an image. Text to HTML ratio at the moment must be super low!
January 19, 201214 yr Author Also, if I were you, I'd look into having all text on the page as text, not as an image. Text to HTML ratio at the moment must be super low! Everything is text apart from the title where is say "Aaron Massingham - creative designer" which is an image, will this cause an issue?
January 19, 201214 yr Everything is text apart from the title where is say "Aaron Massingham - creative designer" which is an image, will this cause an issue? My bad- didn't read too much into the code, assumed it was an image as it was covered by another div and was unselectable! Still, text:HTML is around 6% at the moment, which isn't necessarily bad, but won't do you any favours for SEO. Same goes for the lack of a H1 header (maybe use this for "Aaron Massingham - creative designer" if converted to text). You might also want to add that your a graphic designer to your title tag, again for SEO.
January 19, 201214 yr Author My bad- didn't read too much into the code, assumed it was an image as it was covered by another div and was unselectable! Still, text:HTML is around 6% at the moment, which isn't necessarily bad, but won't do you any favours for SEO. Same goes for the lack of a H1 header (maybe use this for "Aaron Massingham - creative designer" if converted to text). You might also want to add that your a graphic designer to your title tag, again for SEO. Haha, All this stuff im still learning! I'm not massively bothered by SEO at the minute as im trying to get myself working for an agency so this is to send as a link to potential employers. But all these things i want/need to learn. thanks matey
January 20, 201214 yr I think you should read before you post, this belongs in the Website review section. Like the website tho, perhaps needs a bit more dynamic since everything is in a square try a few hover effects like changing opacity on hover or the border, add in some easings for smooth transitions, they work on every browser but one......guess which this will bring more attention to certain items and make the visitors know where to look and feel like they're interacting with the site. Don't know why MS office is listed tho O_o
Create an account or sign in to comment