Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Web-based application help

Featured Replies

Designers,

 

I am looking for a web-based software solution to develop a online application. I don't want to re-invent the wheel, so I am assuming there is something out there that will help me accomplish my project.

 

Here is the project. I am working for a renewable energy fund, and they want to list their projects on their website. They want custom fields that are searchable based on Megawatts and/or by location. I guess it is similar to a real estate listing, but much more simplified.

 

Any suggestions for an out of the box solution would be massively appreciated???

 

 

Thanks in advance for the help.

 

Patrick Francisco

 

 

Here is a basic example of what I am looking for. http://www.renewable-projects.com/?l=en

I know you could do this with zencart but it seems a little bit like overkill.

 

Assuming you have all the info in a database it would be dead easy to make a site like the one you linked to. I'm assuming you don't know much php/html (apologies if you do), if so then it's probably going to be easier to learn how to do it from scratch than to find some out of the box software and learn how to get rid of all the extra functionality you don't need.

 

Hope that helps

 

ps if it does and you've got a sec, I'm looking for reviews for a project :)http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/topic/57911-opinions-please-design-gurus/

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.