Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help please with menu positioning?

Featured Replies

Hi there dudes,

 

I'm hoping somebody can help me.

I've noticed the positioning of our Sale drop down nav menu is slightly out in our ecommerce Shop environment (see here: http://www.vieathome.com/shop/product_list.aspx?level1Id=1191&catLevel=P) and needs moving to the right by about 8px so it sits directly underneath the 'SALE' option.

Looking in Firebug the positioning of the Sale drop down element is being positioned by 'element.style', see below:

 

element.style {

display: none;

left: 659px;

position: absolute;

top: 61px;

visibility: hidden;

}

 

So the 'left:' should be 667px to push the menu over and inline but I'm not sure where to change this as I know the element positioning is being automatically generated somehow. The ecommerce shop was all created before I started here and I'm kind of learning more about web development as I go.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all,

Damodog

In the css file simply add the following line:

 

#ctl00_Menu_pnlDropdown641 {margin-left:8px}

  • Author

Thanks I'll give this a go.

In the css file simply add the following line:

 

#ctl00_Menu_pnlDropdown641 {margin-left:8px}

 

beat me to it!

 

Thanks I'll give this a go.

 

That will work, considering it works fine when I edit the properties in Inspect Element.

Edited by OwenONeill

  • Author

Worked a treat!

Thanks a million.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.