Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Drupal search function doesn't work in Firefox

Featured Replies

Hi guys.

 

Please visit this site and test the Job Search function on the homepage.

 

http://www.clyderecruit.com/

 

It works on Chrome and IE8 but not in Firefox. When I select a dropdown menu item the page just reloads. I've noticed that when I hover over a dropdown the site is followed by a # character?

 

Sorry I have inherited this site to work on and my Drupal knowledge isn't very good. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Hi Jordan

 

You might already know this.

 

That part of the site looks to be generated by the finder module.

http://drupal.org/project/finder

 

I haven't used this module so I'm not familiar with it.

 

I have had a quick look in the issue queue and there and I couldn't see a similar issue.

 

In the first instance I would suggest backing up the site and then updating the module (if necessary) and then configuring the form again.

 

Which version of Drupal are you using?

 

Drupal 6 has more documentation and downloads than 7 at the moment.

 

Drupal 6 version

http://drupal.org/node/1339314

 

Drupal 7 version

http://drupal.org/node/1339316

 

 

Paul

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi Jordan

 

You might already know this.

 

That part of the site looks to be generated by the finder module.

http://drupal.org/project/finder

 

I haven't used this module so I'm not familiar with it.

 

I have had a quick look in the issue queue and there and I couldn't see a similar issue.

 

In the first instance I would suggest backing up the site and then updating the module (if necessary) and then configuring the form again.

 

Which version of Drupal are you using?

 

Drupal 6 has more documentation and downloads than 7 at the moment.

 

Drupal 6 version

http://drupal.org/node/1339314

 

Drupal 7 version

http://drupal.org/node/1339316

 

 

Paul

 

I have found the error that was causing the search finder module to not work poperly. I hadn't closed a hyperlink further up the page before my search box, so when I clicked on each dropdown option they were acting as a link.

I just closed this offending link and my search function now works.

 

Cheers for the suggestion in the previous thread but thankfully didn't have to update the module.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.