Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

help with my picture page position

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I have the following html code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<title>Amtest Romania SRL-Contact</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<link href="listaamtest.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

</head>

 

<body>

<div id="container" ><!--BEGIN CONTAINER-->

 

 

<!--BEGIN CLOUDS-->

 

<div id="s"></div>

 

</div>

</div>

 

</body>

</html>

and the css one is the following:

 

 

*{

padding:0;

margin:0;

 

}

 

 

#container {

width:700px;

height:550px;

margin:auto;

 

}

 

 

#s {

width: 220px;

height: 66px;

position:absolute;

margin-left:22px;

margin-top:16px;

background-image:url(logo.gif)

border:0px;

}

 

I do not understand why the picture do not appear on the page.

 

Many thanks,

Alisia

 

 

In listaamtest.css (line #23) change the code from

 

background-image: url(logo.gif.gif)

to

background-image: url(logo.gif) ;

  • Author

I have made the changes and it still does not work.

 

I think the problem is somewhere else. I am desperate.Can somebody help me???

 

Thanks,

Alisia

Edited by alisiaro

Hi,

 

I have the following html code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<title>Amtest Romania SRL-Contact</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<link href="listaamtest.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

</head>

 

<body>

<div id="container" ><!--BEGIN CONTAINER-->

 

 

<!--BEGIN CLOUDS-->

 

<div id="s"></div>

 

</div>

</div>

 

</body>

</html>

and the css one is the following:

 

 

*{

padding:0;

margin:0;

 

}

 

 

#container {

width:700px;

height:550px;

margin:auto;

 

}

 

 

#s {

width: 220px;

height: 66px;

position:absolute;

margin-left:22px;

margin-top:16px;

background-image:url(logo.gif)

border:0px;

}

 

I do not understand why the picture do not appear on the page.

 

Many thanks,

Alisia

2 errors.

 

Make this:

<div id="container" ><!--BEGIN CONTAINER-->

<div id="s"></div>

</div>

</div>

 

Into this

 

<div id="container" ><!--BEGIN CONTAINER-->

<div id="s"></div>

</div>

 

And your css:

 

margin-top:16px;

background-image:url(logo.gif)

border:0px;

 

into

 

margin-top:16px;

background-image:url(logo.gif); <-- forgot semi colon

border:0px;

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.