Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

imagination wall

Featured Replies

Hello WDF users

 

The problem is that I seemed to have hit a wall that I can't get past.

 

let me explain myself

preview.jpg

 

this might be the quickest way to explain, this is the preview to my new website since my old hosting service(not dropping names) went and died on me =/ along with my work.

 

So I've been working on this
(note this is only a sketch and some random ideas thrown together quickly and in no way will the finished project look anything like that)

 

the problem?

 

Well the main problem is I don't really know what to do next, I mean I know I'm gonna use a content slider and place a web designer resource button somewhere with all the useful links tools and code for any web designer, and that's about all I know, however I seem to be in a lack of ideas concerning the visual side of my ideas, so any useful tips, ideas or inspirations are very welcome.

 

Note: In no way am I looking for a tutorial or a lecture, I just need inspiration.

 

Thank you WDF user base

 

P.S I plan on trashing the "about me" as it is just not what I imagined it to be

Edited by D.Schuster

You need to have a portfolio with all the work you have done. If you haven't done any yet design some sites and use them. You need a contact page. An about you page. The sort of services you offer (with or without prices ;) ). And finally anything else you can think of that will help you to stand out from the crowd.

  • Author

You need to have a portfolio with all the work you have done. If you haven't done any yet design some sites and use them. You need a contact page. An about you page. The sort of services you offer (with or without prices ;) ). And finally anything else you can think of that will help you to stand out from the crowd.

 

My plan is to feature all of that into the content slider, well designed slides that will give out all the information that people want.

 

like so

__________________________________________________________

about me my work my services etc.

__________________________________________________________

 

EDIT:man ASCII fails on this forum ^^ oh well I hope you know what I mean

 

ACSII FTW xD (not a fan) this will be the top bar of the slider, not in ASCII ofc.

 

or do you think that might work a tad too distracting? and might slow up the website?

 

What I really can't seem to get past is what colours to use for the slider, should I go with green to achieve a triad of colours or should I stick to black/white, perhaps beige? or maybe even blue(IMO too much blue if I do so)

Edited by D.Schuster

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.