Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FTP access not working

Featured Replies

Hi folks,

 

I have recently tried to upload new web files to websites that I routinely carry out updates for.

 

Some hosting accounts are not allowing me to access the web files others are.

 

I can access the same web files at my house which leaves it to be a problem with my connection in the office.

 

Is it possible some hosting servers could block out my IP address so that I cant access the files?

 

This is causing me a huge headache so any help would be much appreciated.

 

thanks in advance Gare

  • Author

or your office are stopping any FTP.

 

 

Hi Zed,

 

I can access other web files via ftp, it just seems to be random hosting accounts.

 

I deal with all the web stuff & no one else would be playing about with the ftp details.

 

Gare

'random'? or specific hosts? Best ask them if they have any ideas.

  • Author

'random'? or specific hosts? Best ask them if they have any ideas.

 

Its been random as far as I can tell.

 

I'll drop the hosts a email and see if they can shed soem light on the situation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.