Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Photography Portfolio Idea

Featured Replies

I have my photography site: http://bit.ly/jZ2wqD

 

At the moment it's a mock site if I had a photography business. I do photography as a hobby and I'd like to be a photographer. Images need fine tuning etc etc. However, I like the general idea of layout. I have done the 'home' page and 'landscape' page. The 'architecture' page will be a clone of the 'landscape' section once that is completed. I do need to work on the nav bar and a couple of more things too. The text is to be ignored as I've just wrote stuff to fill the pages, and maybe change the theme colour from red to something blur, green or something. Not to sure if red is 'right'.

 

My main issue is the portfolio section on my website. At the moment I have a sidebar and some content with the portfolio at bottom in a galleria slideshow. The thumbnails are a bit small, but if I stay with that idea I will attempt to make the bigger. Every time I look at the page it feels and looks wrong to me.

 

 

If I was to go with Galleria style

 

I have the portfolio at the bottom of the page at the moment, but of course above the footer. Is it worth getting rid of the top two sections of content above that and just have a Gallieria style slideshow portfolio at the top of that page section, and put the content below the the galleria container, and also get rid totally of the sidebar - just have that for other subsections. I notice a lot of portfolio pages just have imagery and not much about the photographer wittering on about stuff.

 

or

 

If I don't go with Galleria

 

Should I get rid of Galleria idea and have a sort of gallery like this where you have a list or block if images with a Light box script implemented?: http://bit.ly/mIHu3T It could be themed similar to my other sub-sites of 'cards' 'prints' etc in which I have images in banks of three going down the page a bit. I probably would not want to use pagination for a portfolio section.

 

I would probably do it slightly different to my other sub pages and have. This way it keeps the style of the site somewhat flowing.

 

Thoughts?

 

Many thanks.

At the moment your website looks like two different websites - one at the top and the other one at the bottom.

Wouldn't it be better to have a gallery and your shop, catalogue all at the top of the website i.e., in front of the viewer?

It could be more simple that way :-)

Great landscape shots, by the way)

 

Dave

The text in the footer is too hard to read, increase the font size.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.