April 18, 201115 yr I have setup a pagination system for a few pages on my site using some tutorials on the net. I have changed the colours in the CSS and that's all working and it's pretty much working on each page. However, I can't position it where I want and it's stuck to the left side of the container divs. I try using margin-left to adjust the position and that's not moving it at all. .pagination ul{border:0; margin-left:500px; padding:0;} .pagination li{ border:0; margin:0; padding:0; font-size:12px; list-style:none; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#99FF00; font-weight: bold; } .pagination a{ margin-right:2px; } .pagination .previous-off, .pagination .next-off { color: #999999; display:block; float:left; padding:3px 4px; } .pagination .next a, .pagination .previous a { color: #333333; } .pagination .active{ color:red; display:block; float:left; padding:4px 6px; } .pagination a:link, .pagination a:visited { color:#333333; display:block; float:left; padding:3px 6px; text-decoration:none; } .pagination a:hover{ background-color: white; border: solid 1px; border-color: #990000; } <ul class="pagination"> <li class="previous"><a href="/landscape/prints">«Previous</a></li> <li><a href="/landscape/prints">1</a></li> <li class="active">2</li> <li><a href="/landscape/prints_3">3</a></li> <li class="next"><a href="/landscape/prints_3">Next »</a></li> </ul>
April 18, 201115 yr It's because you have: .pagination ul What ou are targeting there is the ul inside .pagination, which is not what you want since the ul HAS a class of pagination. So change it to: .pagination or ul.pagination
April 19, 201115 yr only change your first line of css. like this And will do all right. ul.pagination {border:0; margin-left:500px; padding:0;}
Create an account or sign in to comment