April 15, 201115 yr Hey, This is my first post here. I wondered if anyone could help me... I've just finished a wordpress site using one of their theme templates. I now want to add some files to the root directory for SEO reasons. Only now that I've finished the site have I discovered some of the downsides to wordpress. Is it possible to add files to the root directory of a site made with a wordpress theme? If not, is there ANY way round this problem? I just want to get the SEO (.xml) files onto my website and then onto google. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Graham.
April 16, 201115 yr Stuff like xml sitemaps? Just upload it to the root directory with your FTP client.
April 16, 201115 yr It might be easier for you to just install something like the Google XML Sitemaps plugin. This will automatically generate an XML sitemap for you.
Create an account or sign in to comment