Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

user editable web pages

Featured Replies

Hi, apologies if I have placed this thread in the wrong section.

 

I want to build a site that I am going to share with some fellow final year students so that we can swap ideas and research etc.

 

I would like the site to be like wikipedia so users can go on-line login to activate privileges and then add and edit articles. Guests as such would only be able to view pages unless they register.

 

I would like to build the site in php but not sure how to build the editable part of the site?

 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hi, apologies if I have placed this thread in the wrong section.

 

I want to build a site that I am going to share with some fellow final year students so that we can swap ideas and research etc.

 

I would like the site to be like wikipedia so users can go on-line login to activate privileges and then add and edit articles. Guests as such would only be able to view pages unless they register.

 

I would like to build the site in php but not sure how to build the editable part of the site?

 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

 

If your new at PHP coding, this is a really tall order, and not an easy question to answer.

 

It may take you up to a year to learn the skills needed to be able to do it (safely, security wise). My best advice would be to download and use MediaWiki.

 

MediaWiki is the software that Wikipedia runs and so its easy to pick up to use. You can download it here if you like. (Plus it's free and open-source ;))

 

Good luck :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.