February 24, 200818 yr Please help . I am new to dreamweaver. I have bought cs3 photoshop and dreamweaver and can't find this in the help anywhere. I make a few pages in photoshop then slice them up and save for web. Now I open the index file (main page) in dreamweaver, all's fine. I then 'point to file' and select the right file to link to. When I do this it brakes the page up and leaves everything disjointed. It's like my page has had an earthquake. Does anyone know why this is? Many Thanks temp.html
February 24, 200818 yr add this somewhere inbetween the <head> and </head> tag in the code in dreameaver <style> img {border:0} </style> That should fix it.
February 24, 200818 yr Dizi has hit the nail on the head... For an obscure reason known only to webbies since the dawn of netdom, there's a 'border' attribute which defaults at an ugly blue line in Explorer when an image is made into a link (href). What seems to be happening is the tables/cells are restricted to the size of the images. By making an image a link, the border attribute kicks in and throws the whole thing into disarray. There's no reason you'd want to have a border on an image for style purposes when used as a link, so use the css Dizi recommends to 'catch-all' remove it. Another thing to watch is that your ready-coded import to dreamweaver doesn't have lots of ugly 'td width=' and 'td height=' tags. It's very good practice to go through the auto-generated code and try to move everything you can to CSS, and avoid inline styles wherever possible... this makes the overall semantics compliant, plus has the advantage of giving you control from a single CSS sheet—one less butt to kick when things go wrong. The problem you're having used to be what we called 'the curse of ImageReady Slices'... and you'll find as time goes on that sure, it's a quick way to get a PS file sliced up into HTML... but it has TOO MANY flaws for real-world use. And don't get me started on over-coded ImageReady rollover exports... yeuch!
Create an account or sign in to comment