Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Facebook.. Poking!

Featured Replies

Hey all,

 

I might be posting in the wrong area, so if I have I apologise.

 

Does anybody know of a way to respond to pokes on Facebook WITHOUT having to visit the Facebook site on the browser? (E.g. Win 7 desktop gadgets that poke back via the gadget, or a toolbar plugin, or anything else I've not thought of)?

 

Any advice/help/pointers would be much appreciated!

 

Many thanks

Joseph

 

@josephmelville

This is a unique request lol

 

What is a poke?

I found this while looking on Google - It's a list of the most popular Facebook desktop apps. Hope this helps! :)

you could probably automatize the proces via ruby + watir library. you would have to set the ruby script to log you in, then to go to your facebook homepage, check if anyone poked you, then get the ID of the pokeback element and 'press' poke back... shouldn't be too much of a problem if you're willing to sit down and code a bit.

 

good luck ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.