Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What program should i use?

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I would like to learn more and making good quality websites like alot of you guy on here do, i have only ever used the programs that build it for you but let you add bits and edit here and there, these are obviously very limited to what is really possible!

 

I have photoshop CS4 extended, and that is it at the moment. What can i do to create some good looking website? is photoshop adaquote?

 

I looked at a tutorial using HTML and CSS, they were very basic ones but with the help i can do a bit. But what i dont get is how the html text ends up on a great looking background and how you create fancy buttons (link) on the sites etc etc, I have seen lots of tutorials on here but is there one that starts at the very begining ang goes through the hole process of building a site, adding photos, maybe audio, and also the animated stuff like lightening flashing etc.

 

Any help would be great, as im looking at doing a course very soon and want to know what id be best doing, i have a windows pc with IE8 on it, but hope to get a imac soon.

 

Cheers

Shawn

  • Author

First learn HTML/CSS and actually by learning you're gonna have most of the answers to your questions, as in "how the html text ends up on a great looking background" and what software you should use. Fastest and most efficient way to learn HTML/CSS IMHO is video tutorials, an actual WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get. Sites like lynda.com, vtc.com, totaltraining.com, kelbytraining.com should be in your bookmarks. There is a very good video tutorial on lynda.com that explains everything to freshstarters, I think it's called "Web design fundamentals".

 

Thank for the reply, i'll look into those sites. Cheers Shawn

I would recommend learning HTML/CSS from www.htmldog.com

 

Learning good design you will need to learn about layout, color theory, typography, image editing, and more. Those I suggest learning from Lynda.com. I also have a link on my site (look in the footer), that will also give you a bunch of resources that will help you with those topics.

  • Author

I would recommend learning HTML/CSS from www.htmldog.com

 

Learning good design you will need to learn about layout, color theory, typography, image editing, and more. Those I suggest learning from Lynda.com. I also have a link on my site (look in the footer), that will also give you a bunch of resources that will help you with those topics.

 

Thanks cibgraphics, ill have a look at the one on your site too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.