Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Apache and DNS

Featured Replies

Hey Guys!

 

I am having some problems with Apache and my DNS (I think). When ever I create a subdomain entry in apache2.conf, and add a A record. The subdomain just redirects to the file directory. E.g.

 

static - A - **.**.***.**

DocumentRoot /home/sitename/public_html/sub/static

ServerName static.sitename.com

 

When I go to static.sitename.com in my browser I am just getting sent to sitename.com/sub/static.

 

I do not believe this is an htaccess problem or similar, as it happens with all of my domains.

 

NameVirtualHost 85.25.***.**:80

<VirtualHost 85.25.***.**:80>
DocumentRoot /home/sitename/public_html
ServerName sitename.com
ServerAlias www.sitename.com
<Directory "/home/sitename/public_html">
Options +Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 85.25.153.44:80>
DocumentRoot /home/sitename/public_html/sub/static
ServerName static.sitename.com
   ServerAlias static.sitename.com
<Directory "/home/sitename/public_html/sub/static">
</Directory>
UseCanonicalName off
</VirtualHost>

 

You can view this with http://static.fpsoverload.com

 

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.