Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jacks Creative

Featured Replies

Hey, I'm new on here but would love to get some feedback on my site. I know I still have a LOT to learn but some constructive comments would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking the time to look at it.

 

http://jackscreative.co.uk/

hey jack, i checked out your site. i thought it was a good site from looks alone. im a beginner as well but from seeing other sites and reading others feedback, it seems your on a good start with this one.

 

my only opinion is your, little red Jack logo. i think u should make it a little bigger, i think it looks good.

 

i think your font text should be just a little bit brighter, but thats my opninion as well

 

and your HOME/BLOG text i think you should make it look nice with either some simple coding or a graphic. seems to be large and very visible.

 

thanks for posting your site, good luck

 

James

  • Author

Yeah I agree about the text needing to be slightly lighter. Going to change it to the same colour as the 'Quick Links' down the bottom. I like the plain text header on there though so probably going to keep that.

 

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey,

 

Pretty nice looking, and simple layout! :good:

 

I would definately get rid of the "ads for google" section in your footer though, it looks identical to the links to your work, which is somewhat confusing, plus I never think having those on your page looks very professional - that, however, might just be me :pp

 

Other than that, I agree with what was said above about making the "jack" logo more prominent, and making the font a bit of a lighter grey - even if only a few shades, so it contrasts to the black a bit more and becomes easier to read.

 

 

Kyle

Layout: Navigation is well placed, easy to use.

Brand: You could probably do with working on your logo/brand

Colours: Your choice of colour scheme is brooding - it looks like a horror movie fansite. Lighten up!

Type: Again, too many typefaces, and I would advise against your USE OF CAPITAL letters in the body copy.

 

Summary: It's dark, a bit miserable, type's a bit plain and you have no brand.

Suggestions: Stick to one font, two analogous colours, one complementary, and establish an information hierarchy in your typography through scale.

  • Author

rallport: what would you recommend to improve my SEO? there is not much type on there apart form the blog, is that where it falls down?

  • 4 weeks later...

The site is too empty. The typography is bad. The navbar and the sidebar are too small. The Google Ads decreasing the quality of your site and generally it doesn't seems like a blog :(

try padding out your menu items a little.

 

.menuclass a {
 padding:10px 5px;
}

 

Play with the values til it looks right, gives the menu a bit more of a solid feel.

Hey there Jack.

 

I love the navigation buttons at the top. A nice simplicity about them.

 

I was struggling to work out though if it's a website promoting your work or a general blog?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.