Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Review for my simple site please

Featured Replies

Hi Folks,

 

Joined up a few weeks ago and got some useful feedback that my site was a bit TOO simple.

 

As a background, I'm aiming a fairly basic service towards local tradespeople to get them online. A lot of these guys want a site, but find it very confusing. SEO, hosting, domains etc.. are alien language. So I want to keep it simple, but at the same time the intial feedback was that it was a little TOO simple, lacking in navigation options and frankly dull!!!

 

What do you think now? (Yes STILL Times New Roman .. and deliberatly so :D !!!)

 

http://trade-site.co.uk

 

Thanks for your thoughts!

 

Mike

hmmm I don't really like it I'm afraid. The textured background reminds me of old-school 90's style sites and your header gives the impression of being a construction company. You need to employ some current design concepts to bring it up to date! Follow a few PSD tutorials and you will be well on your way to getting a good eye for design.

it does look a little out of date, and even if your targeting the cheaper end they will still want you to have a good site, maybe its just the background try changing it and testing others.

Hi Folks,

 

Joined up a few weeks ago and got some useful feedback that my site was a bit TOO simple.

 

As a background, I'm aiming a fairly basic service towards local tradespeople to get them online. A lot of these guys want a site, but find it very confusing. SEO, hosting, domains etc.. are alien language. So I want to keep it simple, but at the same time the intial feedback was that it was a little TOO simple, lacking in navigation options and frankly dull!!!

 

What do you think now? (Yes STILL Times New Roman .. and deliberatly so :D !!!)

 

http://trade-site.co.uk

 

Thanks for your thoughts!

 

Mike

 

I agree with mrchristoph.

In addition, Times new Roman is not the standard font to use and all this mixture of gray and red is giving the reader a hard time. Not very user friendly I'm afraid.

  • Author

Thanks folks. I'll not sit back then. I'll keep working on it.

 

I was going for an old-fashioned red-top tabloid look with the black / red / greyscale, but if it's not easy on the eye then I've missed the point.

 

Cheers,

 

Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.