Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General design and shopping cart

Featured Replies

Hi, long time no post but I've started uni and done mostly dev work (no design!) since my last post approx 18 months ago (who knew I used to be in the top 5 posters?)

 

Been doing a site out of neccesity it seems, what do you think of the overall layout, color scheme, and the one-page cart that will hopefully work well enough?

 

Target is sportswear for women, can't go into much more detail than that otherwise "they" will come find me and flash me with a pen... ya know, like Men In Black, anyone remember that film?

 

Anyway, image (it *is* coded) at http://richardlyon.c...ploads/cart.jpg

cart.jpg

Mmh, I love this single page cart. Nothing is worst than multiple pages carts, imho.

The layout is well organized, but maybe the font used in topbar and sidebar is a little boring.

 

One thing that comes to my mind is that a focal point is missing: I don't know where to look when I watch at this page.

  • Author

Thanks for the reply. Font is pretty limited really, unless I can be bothered with SIFR.

 

The main pages have a 4-column product listing, or a single product page so the focal point is fairly well defined with the initial pages. Once the user is at the cart stage, they should know well enough what to be looking at, and a checkout doesn't really have to "pop"

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.