Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quick IE8 --> IE7 info

Featured Replies

Some of you may know this and some of you may not. If you put this meta tag IE8 start to behaving like IE7 so you can eliminate some CSS/JS problems and save time. ( didn't try it yet! )

 

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

Yes - but it's IE7 that causes more trouble than IE8 !!

 

I find I don't have to do much to make IE8 behave, it's quite like Firefox.

  • Author

Yes - but it's IE7 that causes more trouble than IE8 !!

 

I find I don't have to do much to make IE8 behave, it's quite like Firefox.

 

Hi Wickham, yes i agree about IE8, but IE7 can't do that; behave like IE8. If you are going to fix for IE7 you probably see somethings doesn't work in IE8, so this meta may help, blame microsoft please :) they are hurting web standarts and us. Either way I'm fixing websites for browser compatibility and i think this will save my time.

Why not use if statements to specify code for ie7?

 

<!--[if IE 7]>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/ie7.css" type="text/css" /> 
<![endif]-->

 

I for one wont punish microsoft for doing something right for once :)

ie8 actually works!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.