Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New web trends/styles......2010?

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I am currently looking at a redesign of my personal website 'www.funkthemedia.com' but I don't know what look I should go for this time around. I have had the current look for about 9/10ish months now and I get bored (Not so much bored, more the fact I think it looks old) to quickly. I like to give it a new look once a year :p

 

Getting back to the question, what look does everybody think is going to be in for 2010?

Will it be, sketchy, shiny, grunge etc etc.

 

What do you think???

A lot of the styles/trends from 2009 will definitely spill over into 2010, Large typography, more whitespace with splashes of colour, cleaner/simpler layouts.

 

Print design/sensibilties have begun to spill over a lot more into Web design (grid layouts, large typography, more interaction between image and text). I also think hand drawn illustrations will still play quite a role in 2010 too.

 

Its also nice to try and step away from following current trends, and set your own!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.