Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lets talk about "web-designer"

Featured Replies

What would you say the primary role and responsibility of a "web-designer" is?

 

Again - please give your answer in your own words before reading what everyone else says.

What would you say the primary role and responsibility of a "web-designer" is?

 

Again - please give your answer in your own words before reading what everyone else says.

 

I suppose the correct answer is to please the client by providing a site they like. Personally though, I think to also find something which does that but makes you feel you have done a good job in your own eyes.

  • Author

I suppose the correct answer is to please the client by providing a site they like. Personally though, I think to also find something which does that but makes you feel you have done a good job in your own eyes.

 

And how do you feel most clients judge if they like the site or not?

I think that the title/role "Web Designer" can be highly ambiguous at times and and brings up questions over semantics. The primary responsiblity I would say is results coming from clear objectives and aims.

And how do you feel most clients judge if they like the site or not?

 

People tell you if they're not happy when money is involved. You know by their reaction to it.

 

I think web design, like anything creative, is subjective. You can do your best, but opinions on what is a good site, and what is not so good, will always vary.

  • Author

I think that the title/role "Web Designer" can be highly ambiguous at times and and brings up questions over semantics. The primary responsiblity I would say is results coming from clear objectives and aims.

 

Can you elaborate on the objective and aims?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.