June 19, 200917 yr I was just wondering if there was there was anybody that played rugby on this forum? If so are you all looking forward to the Lions Test matches starting tomorrow?
June 20, 200917 yr Author I love the game but work weekends now as you know so its hard for me to play What position did you play?
June 21, 200917 yr I played in school when I was about 15. Unfortunately at the time I was tiny (bit of a late bloomer) and was pretty ****, I'm pretty big now (6"2 just over 17 stone) and always wanted to take it up again. I never found the opportunity though, the rugby team at uni was aimed at people who already played.
June 21, 200917 yr I played 2nd row. at 16, when your 6 feet tall, weighing 15 stone, people tend not to get back up when you get them. im now 20, and 6'2'', just under 19 stone. Trying to get rid of the little bit of fat, replace it iwth muscle, then i can play again. Particularly when i can go back to just having 1 job. Reaper
June 21, 200917 yr Author Yeah they should just stay down if you hit em I started playing in the centres myself outside mainly but i love it in the forwards on the flank on the crash ball so thats where i play when ever i ge the chance. I only started playing a few years ago when i moved to a small town called Alcester near Stratford Upon Avon which is very much a rugby town and all the lads i meet out on the p..s said why dont i go and play,having never touch a rugby ball in my i though why not. The first time i touch a rugby ball i was shoved right in at the deep end my coach said to me "just hit em and hit em hard" i did but that hit me twice as hard and ive never looked back since. Like said earlier i cant play muck now but i hope to play next season
June 21, 200917 yr Playing hard is part of the fun. I remember a school tournament, where we were up against a team that were all "small and fast" but they werent really that fast....... Dont think their coach liked me, after one of his guys went off with an injury 10 seconds into the game. Said i was unsporting..... We kick off, this little kid stood there shouting "ive got it, ive got it" catches the ball, looks straight ahead to find me about 10 feet away, at full run "oh sh...."
June 22, 200917 yr Author Dont think their coach liked me, after one of his guys went off with an injury 10 seconds into the game. Said i was unsporting..... Unsporting what i load of rubbish thats what its all about I do miss playing gonna start going training soon at my local club me thinks
June 22, 200917 yr Author That would be awsome,dont think there are many guys who play on here tho. Well we have 3 already by the looks of things only another 12 to go
June 22, 200917 yr I was a pretty mean fullback in my day - but I've got a massive leg injury (couldn't walk for a year) and the chances of me surviving 80mins and still being able to walk are doubtful. I absolutely love Rugby - was in France for the last World Cup and will be in New Zealand for the next one. Proper rugby (union) is the best, but it's hard to beat the Hong Kong Sevens for a great day out. Perhaps I could be the WDF coach?!!! Oh, and great second half recovery by the Lions against the Safas - although still not enough.
June 22, 200917 yr Author I agree with you wizely proper rugby union is the best,i love it when the refs just let you get on with its and dont mind a few little niggles here and there. The lions did well in the end it was a shame Vickery got embarrassed by the "Beast" in the first half tho it might have been a bit different if he hadnt. Me myself ive never been to any World Cups but would love to one day and hopefully see England lift it again. So it looks like we have a coach now then lads lol only another 12 players to go
Create an account or sign in to comment