Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Google search result

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I am new to web desgin. I have an issue with google search.

I have registered a starter package with a web hosting company

and built 2 pages for test.

 

If I search with key words, LIVE and YAHOO will list my web site

name (for example abcd.co.uk) in their search results.

But GOOGLE will give only s1234567.websitehome.co.uk in the

search result rather than abcd.co.uk

 

Actually , s1234567 is the folder where the hosting company has

given me the web space for this domain name.

 

How can I rectify this issue so that google search will give the

actual domain name in search rather than the web space the

files are hosted.

 

Please help.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

new_to_web_design.

How old is the Domain Name?

Have you uploaded a robots.txt file?

2 years old, the likely hood is both the temporary and Domain Name are spidered

Upload a robots.txt and exclude the temporary Domain Name

  • Author

Hi,

 

As I am just a beginner in web site development, sorry for asking these questions.

Will the following command in robot.txt work ? Or is there another way of blocking

the s1234567.websitehome.co.uk ?

 

User-agent: *

Disallow: /s1234567.websitehome.co.uk

 

Thanks

 

new_to_web_design

That should work fine if it is a subfolder

I would remove the /

You may also need to add a list of any and all sub-folders that are present

 

Does the server support Apache?

  • 5 months later...

I got the same problem, also carefully looking for your help :unknw:

Make a permanent redirect (301) from folder name to main URL. It will help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.