Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Technical Definition

Featured Replies

What is freelancing?

 

For me its a method to give your jobs out of your market or company and save time and cost, but there are some draw backs too, like payment fraud, quality loss etc.

 

whats your thoughts guys?

At it's best, freelancing consists of professionals who work for other companies only on a temporary basis. I don't see much difference between "freelancers", "consultants" and "contractors", except some industries prefer one term and shy away from the others.

For me, freelancing means I'm my own boss and I pick and choose what projects I take on and how much I'd like to make from them. Technically, it means you're an independent contractor hired by someone else to complete a task they either cannot or do not wish to do. Where the cheaper factors in is that the hiring company doesn't have to provide you with any benefits, long term pay or any other employee related expenses.

  • 3 months later...

Freelancing. Well you are your own boss. You work when you decide. You offer a service that is your specialty rather than some mundane production line assembly job in a factory (which I've stood through a few times). You have options to decline projects. You set your own rate of pay. I like the idea.

 

Exposure and security is rather difficult in the beginning.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.