Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Form Probelm

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I'm having a problem with a form im currenlty working on.

 

 

Everthings working fine until I click the submit button. I get a message box warning me about sending the email, I click ok but the email never sends. I've tried changing the email address a few times but it doesnt work for any of them.

 

Can anyone help?

 

 

 

The code can be found at:

 

http://www.urban3d.ie/quickquote.html

 

GAR-E

It's OK in as much as it posts the contents of the form to a MAILTO: tag. This then opens up the clients mail client where they can send the email to you.

 

A better way of doing it would be to use a CGI email application (if your site is purely HTML) or a server side mail application if your site has one available (e.g. Coldfusion or PHP)

 

Examples:

 

http://email.about.com/cs/phpemailtips/qt/et031202.htm


http://www.boutell.com/email/ [cgi]

http://www.quackit.com/coldfusion/tutorial...fusion_mail.cfm [coldfusion]

 

[i]Hope this helps ?[/i]

  • Author
It's OK in as much as it posts the contents of the form to a MAILTO: tag. This then opens up the clients mail client where they can send the email to you.

 

A better way of doing it would be to use a CGI email application (if your site is purely HTML) or a server side mail application if your site has one available (e.g. Coldfusion or PHP)

 

Examples:

 

http://email.about.com/cs/phpemailtips/qt/et031202.htm


http://www.boutell.com/email/ [cgi]

http://www.quackit.com/coldfusion/tutorial...fusion_mail.cfm [coldfusion]

 

[i]Hope this helps ?[/i]

 

Thanks Satin,

 

It's a purely HTML website so I'll try the CGI method. I'm not familiar with this, is it difficult to implement?

It can be tricky but it's not too bad . . .

  • Author
It can be tricky but it's not too bad . . .

 

Would I be right in saying the way I have coded the form using the MAILTO function, if the user must have outlook or some other email account open at the time of submitting the form or the email wont send??

Would I be right in saying the way I have coded the form using the MAILTO function, if the user must have outlook or some other email account open at the time of submitting the form or the email wont send??

 

No it will open there mail client for you. But thats a very bad way of sending forms imo.

 

Id go for a cgi mailer if you have no experience in PHP.

 

You should be able to search for a pre made script you'll just have to edit variables to match your criteria (Your email address etc)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.