Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

more css code help please?

Featured Replies

Hi, I need to position a block of text about 85% 50% on my page and in a column about 200px wide, can anyone help me with the css coding for this please??

#thisDiv{
	width: 200px;
	position: absolute;
	top: 85%;
	left: 50%;
}

 

I hope I've interpretted what it is you want correctly

  • Author
#thisDiv{
	width: 200px;
	position: absolute;
	top: 85%;
	left: 50%;
}

 

I hope I've interpretted what it is you want correctly

 

hmmmm.... so I've tried this and it doesn't seem to be working. Basically I'm trying to change a table layout into css and I've got a swf file and some text all in a horizontal line. Will this effect this code? Perhaps it would be easier to change the position of the table in percentages?

hmmmm.... so I've tried this and it doesn't seem to be working. Basically I'm trying to change a table layout into css and I've got a swf file and some text all in a horizontal line. Will this effect this code? Perhaps it would be easier to change the position of the table in percentages?

 

 

can u upload a screenshot of what your trying to accomplish?

a screenshot and your actuall html would help in this situation. Alternatively post a link to your live web page so that we can have a look at it.

  • Author
a screenshot and your actuall html would help in this situation. Alternatively post a link to your live web page so that we can have a look at it.

 

Ok, here's a pdf of what I'm trying to accomplish... I really am a bit stuck, I'm trying to make the (albeit delayed) transition to css from table designs. The diary thing on the left is actually a flash menu with the tabs as the navigation. The text needs to be able to be editable on the page, so I thought that a background image of the pad things might work, aligned 85% and 50% but it doesn't seem to work with the flash file etc and I'm just getting in a real mess, so any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks

  • Author
Ok, here's a pdf of what I'm trying to accomplish... I really am a bit stuck, I'm trying to make the (albeit delayed) transition to css from table designs. The diary thing on the left is actually a flash menu with the tabs as the navigation. The text needs to be able to be editable on the page, so I thought that a background image of the pad things might work, aligned 85% and 50% but it doesn't seem to work with the flash file etc and I'm just getting in a real mess, so any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks

home.pdf

post-7935-1227650928_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.