August 15, 200719 yr Whats the weirdest or funniest message you've heard on your answering machine... So far for me (answering machines are pretty new to me), its just been 10 seconds of silence followed by a really quiet "oh ****..." Can anyone better this?
August 15, 200719 yr I have 2 funny ones on the message service bt does on house phones, I have my younger sister screaming 'you stupid lady let me speak to my sister' to the voice that says to leave a message the other, my boyfriend had a message on his mobile about 6 years ago that just said 'hello....hello...I can't hear you speak up' and he got a message from his mam just screaming at the top of her voice 'Can you hear me now!' followed by a bit of silence and then 'ohh I never though i would fall for that trick I was stood next you you when you recorded it'
August 15, 200719 yr on the message service bt does on house phones, I have my younger sister screaming 'you stupid lady let me speak to my sister' to the voice that says to leave a message LOL That's hilarious! I use Skype voicemail, which means I get A LOT of very strange people whispering in non-English languages. No idea why. However, the best was some guy who played a little song on the piano for about 20 seconds, said, "I vant to keeeeeess you, I vant to ___ you" and then played another 20 seconds of music (tinny, keyboard-y music - not Mozart). Worth noting that I have no idea who this person is and didn't call him back!
August 15, 200719 yr ha ha ha! they are really funny, nice impression "I Vannt to kisss youuu" - How bizzare that people actually do that, maybe he was a tad bored that night. I don't think I have had anything as funny as what you have had, only the "Just pick up the PHONE would YOU" then slam the phone down from an angry customer at work...it's great playing it back to your colleagues over and over again. Thanks for posting those they made me laugh to myself imaging the scenario.
August 21, 200719 yr Just thought of another one. My ex's mom never quite grasped the concept of voicemail (as opposed to answering machines) so she used to constantly leave messages on his cell phone to the effect of, "Troy? Troyyyyy? Pick up please, I need to talk to you. *Long silence* Are you there? If you're there, pick up the phone... *Another long silence* Okay, I guess you're not there. *Sigh* Call me!"
August 21, 200719 yr Author lol... i have never met a mother who does have a grasp of technology... its like all the stuff with the womb makes even the most technologically able lady completely forget everything she once knew...
August 21, 200719 yr My landline answer machine plays Russian Roulette with me. It's got two 'outgoing messages' - number one plays before it records a message, your standard "Hello, sorry I'm not here.." and the second only plays when it can't record a message (problem or it's full) and that is rather rude. "I can't take your f***in' call at the moment, some b****** has used all the f***in' space - call back later." I've done this since I got my first answer machine as a joke, and it's just stuck. So I never forget to check the answering machine..
August 21, 200719 yr Author lol nice... funny if someone calls twice, like maybe they forgot someting...
Create an account or sign in to comment