Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PseudoRoots

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PseudoRoots

  1. I actually rather like it a lot. However I will agree with the others and ask that you put in some sort of tagging system. I may actually reference this in the future :3 One thing to note for me (Win7/Chrome 16) the little up and and down arrows acted a little buggy and didn't seem to work right.
  2. Wow that's a gorgeous site, you've got a true eye for design. I also dislike it when sites change my cursor... The scrolling is also a little laggy like others have noted. Viewed on Win7 x64 in Chrome 16.
  3. Man that .bmp took forever to download :3 Anyway, I feel like while it is a really clean site it lacks any sort of branding. To me it just seems like some sort of free wordpress template. Should probably throw in a logo or make the company title and slogan a little more pronounced in the top left corner I'm not such a huge fan of the stock photo you chose (plus it still has a watermark on it) I feel like there isn't enough contrast in some areas while there is too much in others. For example, the shade of red you chose for the nav bar mixed with the fact that most of the site is straight white sort of hurts my eyes (might just be me)
  4. Yeah the logo wasn't up to me... And I know nothing about logo design so I'm not about to redo it. I'd add images of his food but he doesn't have any. Since I did the site for free (it was really just a learning experience for me) I'm not about to buy stock photos. I do however have some pretty nice photos of the restaurants interior maybe adding one of those as the first slide could help a bit?
  5. Did my first web site for a friends restaurant. It's the first finished web design I've ever done. I could use some feedback as I'm rather paranoid that I've missed something. [link removed at OP's request] Things I've noticed and could use some help on - I've noticed that my "recent tweets" box only seems to sometimes load the tweets as list items. It occasionally loads nothing at all which worries me. - The first time I visited the hosted site no images, css, or javascript were loaded... hopefully it was a one time server error thing but I have no ghastly idea. - In some browsers the web fonts I'm using won't anti-alias. - In IE 8 I've noticed that if you hit the cancel button on the popup email form the surrounding fonts on that page will get really jagged and dark. It seems to only be in IE8 and I have absolutely no idea why. - Worried about the size of some of the images... - And just to finish of this wall of text... He's hosting the site with some company called Verio and one thing I've noticed is that he seems to be using two different domain names (I'm a newby at this stuff so far). the admin login page, control panel, and mail server all seem to be located at [redacted] while the hosted page with my content somehow ends up on [redacted]. Which is fine it's just that occasionally while navigating through my pages I'll randomly get redirected back to the .net domain. I really have no idea how this seems to be setup so any input could be helpful here. Thanks in advance! P.S. I'm new here, hey.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.