Everything posted by Ransom
-
Constructive critisism wanted for site header!
-
Constructive critisism wanted for site header!
Ah great, thanks for the quick reply and feedback! I've given your suggestion a go, it looks a bit weird like that I think. Perhaps I need to change the colour of the navbar? Or maybe you have another idea?
-
Constructive critisism wanted for site header!
Hello, I'm making a website for a tool rental company. Does anyone have any feedback for me with regards to the design of the header? Thank you!
-
Need help setting up extremely simple fwrite form
Thanks for that, it worked nicely. I've changed it to always have the same filename though, which is what I'm after, and that works fine too. I'm trying to learn about classes, can someone help me change it a bit? I've written a class in "includes/blog.php" which goes like this: <?php class blog { public function postBlogPost() { if (!empty($_POST['text'])) { file_put_contents('includes/blog.txt', $_POST['text']); } } } ?> And so my page with the form on looks like this: ... <?php include 'includes/blog.php'; // include blog class $blog= new blog(); // create an object of the class blog ?> ... <form action="" method="post"> <textarea name="text"></textarea> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="post" /> </form> ... But it isn't working because I'm not sure how to call the function with the form. Can anyone tell me how it's done? Thank you!
-
Need help setting up extremely simple fwrite form
Hello, Can anyone guide me to a tutorial on (or perhaps even tell me) how to make an extremely simple editable text box (not a rich text editor, just the box without word processing stuff) that will save the contents to a .txt file? I've searched Google but it keeps wanting me to take a look at rich text editors and PHP editing software, which isn't what I'm after. To clarify, I'd like a user to be able to write in a text box on a web page, and when they click Save, whatever they're written gets saved in to a .txt file. Thank you!
-
Please review ChrisAyresDesign
Yup, they're in Flash. I'll probably make a tutorial on my blog at some point, so subscribe if you ever feel like learning how they're done Yeah, that's a tricky one. I've only just started getting a real knack for web design so I'm not sure what my style is, or how to display my personality through images. I'll get there though. Thanks for the kind words everyone, critisism is appreciated too
-
Please review ChrisAyresDesign
Aww, nobody?
-
Please review ChrisAyresDesign
Any tips anyone? Also, I made the images in the slider load externally so the banner now loads pretty fast, I hope that's an improvement!
-
Please review ChrisAyresDesign
What would you suggest I do to spice up the nav?
-
Please review ChrisAyresDesign
http://www.chrisayresdesign.com All comments and feedback are welcome! Thank you.
-
jQuery LavaLamp menu won't stay on current page
Ah, you're right. From what I was reading up on LavaLamp I gathered that the "current" class was generated within the Javascript, but evidently that's not the case. Thanks for your help to those that posted. Turns out to have been just another silly overlooking on my part.
-
jQuery LavaLamp menu won't stay on current page
Well I think it's either this: $li = $("li", this), curr = $("li.current", this)[0] || $($li[0]).addClass("current")[0]; or this: $li.click(function(e) { setCurr(this); return o.click.apply(this, [e, this]); }); that sets the class as current, but I can't tell because I'm no good at Javascript. Can anyone tell me where it's happening?
-
jQuery LavaLamp menu won't stay on current page
Changed index.php and portfolio.php with the code, still stays on Home if I click on Portfolio I appreciate your patience and continuing help with this
-
jQuery LavaLamp menu won't stay on current page
Just updated my jquery.lavalamp.js with your code, same thing happens!
-
jQuery LavaLamp menu won't stay on current page
Thanks pat, but the lavaLamp script generates the "current" class automatically (as seen on my website, the "current" class is designated to the Home button despite the fact that I haven't written the class myself in HTML). What I can't figure out is why the "current" class gets assigned to my Home button every time instead of the page you've clicked!
-
jQuery LavaLamp menu won't stay on current page
Thanks for the reply, zed! It's at http://www.chrisayresdesign.com <ul class="lavaLamp"> <li><a href="http://www.chrisayresdesign.com/index.php" title="Home">Home</a></li> <li><a href="http://www.chrisayresdesign.com/portfolio.php" title="Portfolio">Portfolio</a></li> <li><a href="http://www.chrisayresdesign.com/blog" title="Blog">Blog</a></li> <li><a href="http://www.chrisayresdesign.com/bio.php" title="Bio">Bio</a></li> <li><a href="http://www.chrisayresdesign.com/contact.php" title="Contact">Contact</a></li> </ul>
-
jQuery LavaLamp menu won't stay on current page
Anyone familiar with this?
-
jQuery LavaLamp menu won't stay on current page
Hi, Is anyone familiar with the LavaLamp menu? For some reason the underline I've made to slide underneath all my menu list items won't stay on the current page when that page is clicked. For example, regardless of whether I click on Contact Me, Blog, or Biography, the underline will always go back to sitting underneath the Home page button when the new page is loaded. This is weird because I can see the LavaLamp code comes with a function that is supposed to perform this task correctly. Can anyone see what I'd have to do to get it working? (function($) { $.fn.lavaLamp = function(o) { o = $.extend({ fx: "linear", speed: 500, click: function(){} }, o || {}); return this.each(function() { var me = $(this), noop = function(){}, $back = $('<li class="back"><div class="left"></div></li>').appendTo(me), $li = $("li", this), curr = $("li.current", this)[0] || $($li[0]).addClass("current")[0]; $li.not(".back").hover(function() { move(this); }, noop); $(this).hover(noop, function() { move(curr); }); $li.click(function(e) { setCurr(this); return o.click.apply(this, [e, this]); }); setCurr(curr); function setCurr(el) { $back.css({ "left": el.offsetLeft+"px", "width": el.offsetWidth+"px" }); curr = el; }; function move(el) { $back.each(function() { $(this).dequeue(); } ).animate({ width: el.offsetWidth, left: el.offsetLeft }, o.speed, o.fx); }; }); }; })(jQuery);
-
Getting custom 404 page working via .htaccess
Whoops. Yeah it was the Wordpress code. I didn't even think to look at it because I thought it'd screw up my Wordpress if I got rid of that code, but it doesn't seem to have messed anything up by removing it. Thanks guys!
-
Getting custom 404 page working via .htaccess
HostMonster. The thing is, it had its own 404 pages which were working before I made a custom one. But the .htaccess didn't contain any ErrorDocument code. The Wordpress code was in there though, and that was functioning properly.
-
Getting custom 404 page working via .htaccess
Anyone? It seems as though I'm doing everything right here, so I can't explain what's stopping this from working...
-
Getting custom 404 page working via .htaccess
I've tried putting them both in my public_html folder (where my index.php is) and also in the root of that, but to no avail. Is this something I need to speak to my host about?
-
Getting custom 404 page working via .htaccess
Yeah that's what I had it as originally but I thought the forwardslash might have been screwing it up. Anyway, I've changed it back to /404.php and it still doesn't work. What other reasons may there be?
-
Getting custom 404 page working via .htaccess
Hello, My .htaccess file on my server consists of the following code: ErrorDocument 404 404.php # Use PHP5 Single php.ini as default AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5s .php # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress When I type in a fake directory on my website (e.g. mywebsite.com/fake.html) I just get redirected to my home page (index.php) instead of my custom 404 page (404.php). Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thank you.
-
How do I hide the page file name in the address bar?
Thanks, Wickham!