Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SergeantBlast

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SergeantBlast

  1. Thanks for the friendly welcome. Ah, i was wondering where i left them!
  2. Hello Everyone I'm currently designing a website in Photoshop. Although i'm not sure whether i want to use transparency or not. I like the idea of being able to drasticaly change the apearance of a website from being able to just change the background image. I know that some older browsers don't support transparency, although i can't imagine their being many people actually using such an outdated browser. Here is one site which uses transparency, which i think looks great. Although my site won't look anything like that, but here it is anyway. http://xghozt.com/site Here is my navigation, and shows how transparent it is. Also i won't be using that picture in the first picture as a background.Was just an image i had on my hard-drive. What do you think?
  3. Hello Everyone My name is Dave, 18 y/o and I'm from the north of England. I'm a student, just finished a BTEC National Diploma in IT which covered the basics of web design, but not very in depth. And I've have just enrolled for a course in Computer Engineering. Anyways I taken a strong interest into web design and have started teaching it myself. Whilst in college i've been introduced to a number of great software including Sony Vegas, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash, After Effects as well as 3ds Max. Although i understand HTML and CSS quite well, i do lack photoshop skills. I am OK with the interface, tools and have been experimenting with the different effects, but i struggle when it comes to actually creating something. I find it hard getting started in the design stage, I haven't really created many decent designs. I'd like to create a stunning and unique website which has a cool interesting design, then use that to showcase videos and animation work. But the designs i create are rather basic and aren't really that special. So I'd defiantly like to improve on that. Well i think that's enough about me, the forum seems very friendly and helpful place. I'll be staying around for a while i think.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.