Why there is big difference in file size and dimension

Hello friends

I designed a business card for one of my client in photoshop

with following specifications

300dpi

3.75in x2.25in

color mode CMYK

now

i downloaded a print template for business card from vistaprint ( check the attachment)

now when i drag the psd file in vistaprint file its almost double the size (check attachments)

When i check the image size of 2  in inches it shows same but in pixels the size  is double

vistaprint_psd.JPG.443ca00af56051d88096fd7a43f1c0f9.JPG

What am i missing ?

my_psd.JPG.143b6c23ea403752a4a93e243d0a2987.JPG

Vistaprint_Business_Cards.zip

Edited by sash_oo7

1 hour ago, davep said:

the top one Pixels/inch, the bottom one is pixels/centimeter - change the bottom one to pixels/inch too

hello thanks for the reply

can i convert the existing psd file to pixels/inch? without any loss of quality?

when i see pixels/inch of my psd it's resolution shows  762dpi

use the "image size" and make sure you have resample checked then change it to px/inch and change the dimensions to the correct ones and the resolution to 300

9 hours ago, sash_oo7 said:

when i see pixels/inch of my psd it's resolution shows  762dpi

762dpi = 300px/cm

It's also best to use InDesign or even illustrator as the text will render better and you can make a print ready pdf. Having said that for an online printing place asking for jpegs u will probably manage. What are the bleed requirements? Usually it's 3mm (or 1/4 inch) -- without it u run the risk of white edges to the artwork if they aren't cut close enough

5 hours ago, davep said:

It's also best to use InDesign or even illustrator as the text will render better and you can make a print ready pdf. Having said that for an online printing place asking for jpegs u will probably manage. What are the bleed requirements? Usually it's 3mm (or 1/4 inch) -- without it u run the risk of white edges to the artwork if they aren't cut close enough

bleed is 0.25 inch on each side

Edited by sash_oo7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Esteban
      Hi, I'd appreciate some help with what I'm trying to create as I don't even know what it's called to google it.
      I'd like to make something with similar functionality to this: http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com/beneath-the-thinking-cap/#
      I have both the graphics I need and can create slices from the graphics in photoshop, - is there a tool I can use to create this effect?
      Thanks!
      Esteban
    • Guest Sehrish
      By Guest Sehrish
      Hello everyone, I want a quick feedback over my confusion of using Photoshop or fireworks. Previously, I was working in a company where my boss recommended fireworks for banner creation, image editing and for some other stuff. But now I am a part of another company where our graphic designer and employees using Photoshop for graphic related things. As I am not familiar with Photoshop so I usually avoid working on it but really wanna know the best one among two so that I can start learning.

Thank You

• By nasreddine1990
      Hey designers , i put on your hands premium elegant business logos from my design with open source file , you can edit them like what you want .

download the psd file from here : http://downloadity.net/file/06aRP
      please visit our web site : http://psdressources.blogspot.com/
    • By Sazzad
      Since quite a few members of this community helped us out during our development phase, I wanted to write a post thanking you. A community of designers helped another community create a product many deemed difficult and impossible. With your help, we were able to release Gravit V3 today.

Based on your feedbacks, Gravit expanded its scope to allow people to edit photos through the integration with Polarr Photo Editor 3. This is exciting time for us and is the first in the market to offer both vector and bitmap workflows to the users without the need to switch between the two apps. Polarr brings many benefits to photo retouching, including advance adjustments, cropping and tilting.

Our frontend has also given a major rework to make it even more flexible and easy to manage projects by using the folder concepts similar to Google Drive. We scrapped the projects concept and went back to something that makes sense and is easier to use; a folder system. Users just need to create a folder and then upload photos or create new designs.

On top of that, we have introduced Marketplace resources by partnering with Icons8 and Unsplash to import their high quality icons and photos directly into your designs. No more searching through the web to find these resources. You can do it directly through Gravit.

The most major aspect is the Designer. We have given it a total facelift with a new light skin interface. Under the hood, we have improved every aspects from making the canvas area wider, added a lot of tooling improvements to make it intuitive for anyone to start designing, better pixel rendering and a new color picker that will turn off the selection outline giving you a full visual when playing with colors.

Design like a Boss!

https://gravit.io
    • By Red11
      Hi all,

Looking for some advice here:

I produce photoshop mock-ups from design briefs and display them in software online (currently use cageapp.com) where myself/sales/client can make notes on page elements in our own time on design tweaks.

However with the incoming of responsive and mobile first platforms, it seems a little old hat to just give a mock-up of a desktop version of a site.

We looked at Adobe Edge Reflow, the drawback here is the lack of support with preview software.

I have heard before of designers supplying the customer with html/css versions to the customer so they can preview how the site would behave in browser. Whilst this sounds good, it doesn't allow for the note adding and doesn't fit in our current site development model.

Is there software out there that would fulfil these requirements? Thanks.